BT 0.70

Started by jjwhalen, August 18, 2010, 01:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjwhalen

1) Looks like sorting on History has gone haywire.  Whatever primary sort column is selected, it is always sorting by Project name instead.  Secondary & tertiary sortpoints have no effect either.  That alone makes 0.70 dead on arrival for me, so I'll be rolling back to 0.69 :(  As always, prioritize this how you see fit, but for me it's a fatal flaw.

2) I did notice that "Ready to start"  tasks that are not combined by the filter are now displaying a (0) 00:00:00 Checkpoint - probably as a result of
Quote-Fixed: Tasks: Checkpoint: Show the time when a filtered item is only one.
Those should probably be suppressed like
Quote-Changed: Tasks: Don't show the checkpoint when a task is: Ready to report, uploading or in error.

3) The new checkpoint warnings via config.xml appear to be working OK so far EXCEPT - as I predicted, the XML parser won't accept "WORLD COMMUNITY GRID" with the embedded spaces :P  It also wouldn't take "WORLD_COMMUNITY_GRID".  No error or anything, it just ignored that project section altogether.  I didn't play around with other combinations, just truncated the project value to "WORLD" and it's fine.

That's all I had time to look at before rolling back.

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on August 18, 2010, 01:27:58 PM
1) Looks like sorting on History has gone haywire.  Whatever primary sort column is selected, it is always sorting by Project name instead.  Secondary & tertiary sortpoints have no effect either.  That alone makes 0.70 dead on arrival for me, so I'll be rolling back to 0.69 :(  As always, prioritize this how you see fit, but for me it's a fatal flaw.

2) I did notice that "Ready to start"  tasks that are not combined by the filter are now displaying a (0) 00:00:00 Checkpoint - probably as a result of
Quote-Fixed: Tasks: Checkpoint: Show the time when a filtered item is only one.
Those should probably be suppressed like
Quote-Changed: Tasks: Don't show the checkpoint when a task is: Ready to report, uploading or in error.

3) The new checkpoint warnings via config.xml appear to be working OK so far EXCEPT - as I predicted, the XML parser won't accept "WORLD COMMUNITY GRID" with the embedded spaces :P  It also wouldn't take "WORLD_COMMUNITY_GRID".  No error or anything, it just ignored that project section altogether.  I didn't play around with other combinations, just truncated the project value to "WORLD" and it's fine.

That's all I had time to look at before rolling back.
1) Some sort of side effect, as I made no changes to the history and thus didn't check it that well.
2) I mostly leave that filter on, as there are thousands of WU in it.
3) Probably forgot to include the spaces.

I will try to do a quick release to fix the history sorting.

jjwhalen

Quote from: fred on August 18, 2010, 01:43:56 PM

I do too.  But I do get single entries for projects like GPUGRID & AQUA, and that's how I noticed.

fred

Quote from: fred on August 18, 2010, 01:43:56 PM
1) Some sort of side effect, as I made no changes to the history and thus didn't check it that well.
3) Probably forgot to include the spaces.

I will try to do a quick release to fix the history sorting.
V 0.70 is no longer..... ;D

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on August 18, 2010, 01:27:58 PM
As you already noted spaces are removed from the text.
WORLD COMMUNITY GRID must be WORLD%20COMMUNITY%20GRID
%20 = space.

jjwhalen

Quote from: fred on August 23, 2010, 09:16:00 AM
%20 = space.

Makes sense...I thought about trying that, but was in a hurry so just truncated as noted above.  That works OK until there's another project beginning "WORLD"  ;D  Anyway, thanks for the clarification.  Maybe a good note for the FAQ?

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on August 23, 2010, 09:24:52 AM
Quote from: fred on August 23, 2010, 09:16:00 AM
%20 = space.

Makes sense...I thought about trying that, but was in a hurry so just truncated as noted above.  That works OK until there's another project beginning "WORLD"  ;D  Anyway, thanks for the clarification.  Maybe a good note for the FAQ?
To make sure it matches any project with world in it, not just the beginning.
FAQ already updated.

jjwhalen

Quote from: fred on August 23, 2010, 09:29:59 AM
To make sure it matches any project with world in it, not just the beginning.
FAQ already updated.

8) 8) (2 cool)