BT 0.72

Started by Pepo, August 25, 2010, 02:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

Quote from: fred on August 18, 2010, 09:47:21 AM
V 0.70

-Add: Extra checkpoint options: http://www.efmer.eu/forum_tt/index.php?topic=503.0
-Add: Checkpoint counter like [3] 00:00:15, this is the 3th checkpoint.
This is NICE  :)

-Fixed: The checkpoint tooltip shows some extra characters, that should be hidden.
...and yet some more extra training spaces slipped in into the value, displayed in the tooltip and possibly somehow influencing the column.

After double-clicking the Checkpoint column's resizer bar, the column got auto-resized extraordinarily wide - maybe twice the width of normal (less-than-a-day) values. Maybe the culprit is my Lattice Garli's checkpoint value "[1] 06d,01:26:28". After manually narrowing the column to still display even this (more-than-a-day) value without trailing dots, it was already displaying a tooltip with a couple (5-6?) of trailing spaces appended. The normal (less-than-a-day) values' tooltips do not contain such trailing spaces.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on August 25, 2010, 02:13:31 PM
...and yet some more extra training spaces slipped in into the value, displayed in the tooltip and possibly somehow influencing the column.

After double-clicking the Checkpoint column's resizer bar, the column got auto-resized extraordinarily wide - maybe twice the width of normal (less-than-a-day) values. Maybe the culprit is my Lattice Garli's checkpoint value "[1] 06d,01:26:28". After manually narrowing the column to still display even this (more-than-a-day) value without trailing dots, it was already displaying a tooltip with a couple (5-6?) of trailing spaces appended. The normal (less-than-a-day) values' tooltips do not contain such trailing spaces.
Indeed, seems to add some extra spaces. This also affects the showing of the .... too early, as the string length is used to check for a fit in the column.
Probably only happens when a cell color is used.

glennaxl

Tooltip: It doesn't update the number of running task.

I have a total of 44 tasks running. PC "A" has run out of RAM so 1 task is in "waiting for memory status" - tooltip: 43. I remote login to PC "A" to check and free up some memory - now all threads are at full speed; tooltip: 43 (it didn't update). Then PC "B" has run out of tasks (seti gpu); tooltip: 42. After one hour, I checked again, tooltip is still 42 where it should be 43.

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on August 27, 2010, 04:03:32 PM
Tooltip: It doesn't update the number of running task.

I have a total of 44 tasks running. PC "A" has run out of RAM so 1 task is in "waiting for memory status" - tooltip: 43. I remote login to PC "A" to check and free up some memory - now all threads are at full speed; tooltip: 43 (it didn't update). Then PC "B" has run out of tasks (seti gpu); tooltip: 42. After one hour, I checked again, tooltip is still 42 where it should be 43.
One of the problems is that tooltips aren't really meant for this kind of things. It sometimes updates after the fact.
I made a note to test it.
Consider using the gadget in computer mode.

jjwhalen

Since you're talking about the gadget:

Sometime after the gadget changes introduced back in ~v0.63/64 (I think), I started seeing running tasks inappropriately shown in the high priority color (yellow on my system). Right now with 3 hosts, a total of 8 CPU cores & 1 GPU, the gadget is showing 8 of 9 running tasks in yellow, the remaining task in normal green.  On the tasks display, only the 4 CPU & 1 GPU tasks on a single host are (correctly) shown in Panic Mode.  The other 2 dual core machines are both shown in normal Running mode.

I've looked for a pattern in this behavior, but haven't found one.  Sometimes the gadget displays colors matching the Tasls display ???  I don't use the gadget a lot, so this hasn't been a high priority for me.  But since you mentioned it... ;D

glennaxl

Same here - seeing red (high priority) when it should green(normal).

Also, while watching the gadget then it reaches its refresh point, the gadget is now blank. To make it work again, I have to close BT and re-launch it.

jjwhalen

The Logging window is a full child with its own icon on the taskbar.  If the BT main window is brought to front by a menu action, clicking its titlebar etc., Logging can be recovered by clicking the taskbar icon.  The Logging rules window does not get its own icon on the taskbar.  If BT main is brought to front, Logging rules becomes "lost".

Request you add the taskbar icon to Logging rules.  Also, if either log window is behind BT main, request that a 2nd click of its Show>... menu item bring it back to focus.

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on September 04, 2010, 07:06:16 AM
The Logging window is a full child with its own icon on the taskbar.  If the BT main window is brought to front by a menu action, clicking its titlebar etc., Logging can be recovered by clicking the taskbar icon.  The Logging rules window does not get its own icon on the taskbar.  If BT main is brought to front, Logging rules becomes "lost".

Request you add the taskbar icon to Logging rules.  Also, if either log window is behind BT main, request that a 2nd click of its Show>... menu item bring it back to focus.
Ok I try to get both logging windows in front when you select show.
But sometimes windows simply refuse to do so.

fred

Quote from: fred on September 12, 2010, 09:54:38 AM
Quote from: jjwhalen on September 04, 2010, 07:06:16 AM

Ok I try to get both logging windows in front when you select show.
But sometimes windows simply refuse to do so.
What I feared, a day work, just to do the simple. Had to fall back on some tricks. Hopefully this doesn't pop up as a problem on someplace else.
For now I hooked the 2 dialogs to an invisible window.