Testing BoincRescheduler v2.0

Started by jjwhalen, August 31, 2010, 10:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjwhalen

Better late than never: I finally got around to checking out the Other projects tab.

I must be doing something wrong.  I tried following the instructions in How to reschedule other BOINC projects, but I can't get the test to pass.  I don't have Astropulse (and they don't have any work to download), so I had to extrapolate to (several) other projects.  The project URL is no problem, that part of the test passes.  But I can't seem to get the Application name right.  Using the data fields under <app_version> your example "astropulse_v505" looks like it's <app_name> + "_v" + <version_num>.  But that combination always fails the test, resulting in e.g.,
Quote31 August 2010 - 12:37:13 No application found matching: collatz_v205.
I also tried leaving out the v, substituting space for underscore, etc.  All same application not found.  Note that Collatz isn't the only other project I tried.

So, what am I doing wrong?  What is the exact template for the "Application" field?  Or is v2.0 still only working in the Seti section of client_state?

B/w & I hope you're enjoying your vacation ;D

EDIT-- Note that I made it over 8M credits! 2M in 1 month with the new Fermi card ;D

Pepo

Quote from: jjwhalen on August 31, 2010, 10:46:23 PM

EDIT-- Note that I made it over 8M credits! 2M in 1 month with the new Fermi card ;D
Indeed an incredible credit machine. ↲ ↲
↲...and nothing left for the others. And one might wonder, where are all those credits gone... ;)
Peter

jjwhalen

Quote from: Pepo on September 01, 2010, 01:52:14 PM

Indeed an incredible credit machine. ↲ ↲
↲...and nothing left for the others. And one might wonder, where are all those credits gone... ;)

But note that I only got a GTX 465SC - I can't imagine what would happen with a 480.  Actually I believe there is an infinite supply of credits ;D

fred

Better late than never: I finally got around to checking out the Other projects tab.

I must be doing something wrong.  I tried following the instructions in How to reschedule other BOINC projects, but I can't get the test to pass.  I don't have Astropulse (and they don't have any work to download), so I had to extrapolate to (several) other projects.  The project URL is no problem, that part of the test passes.  But I can't seem to get the Application name right.  Using the data fields under <app_version> your example "astropulse_v505" looks like it's <app_name> + "_v" + <version_num>.  But that combination always fails the test, resulting in e.g.,
Quote31 August 2010 - 12:37:13 No application found matching: collatz_v205.
I also tried leaving out the v, substituting space for underscore, etc.  All same application not found.  Note that Collatz isn't the only other project I tried.

So, what am I doing wrong?  What is the exact template for the "Application" field?  Or is v2.0 still only working in the Seti section of client_state?

B/w & I hope you're enjoying your vacation ;D

It may work on other projects as well.

How it works: There has to be a match in the <workunit> (client_state.xml)

Find the workunit of the right project:
<workunit>
    <name>21ap10aa.19408.1294.13.10.165</name>
    <app_name>setiathome_enhanced</app_name>      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< This is what you need.

So within <app_name>This is what you need</app_name> is what you need.

But you probably need a fixed app_info for  a project or at least valid CPU and GPU tasks present at the same time.