BT 0.76

Started by Pepo, September 30, 2010, 10:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

Quote from: fred on September 30, 2010, 07:14:08 AM
Changed: Tasks: CPU % warning color, is now applied to the deadline cell only.
Fred, you may want to edit the text. The warning color was correctly applied to the "CPU %" cell ;)
Thanks for the change. The display is now much less cluttered with colors, although the warnings are still there and good visible! (JM7 has hot a really good idea. Some 5 years ago, I've been enhancing BoincPHP-GUI exactly the same way, but forgot it...)
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on September 30, 2010, 10:04:15 AM
Quote from: fred on September 30, 2010, 07:14:08 AM
Changed: Tasks: CPU % warning color, is now applied to the deadline cell only.
Fred, you may want to edit the text. The warning color was correctly applied to the "CPU %" cell ;)
Thanks for the change. The display is now much less cluttered with colors, although the warnings are still there and good visible! (JM7 has hot a really good idea. Some 5 years ago, I've been enhancing BoincPHP-GUI exactly the same way, but forgot it...)
That's what you get with copy paste.

Pepo

When the "BT Settings / View / Refresh rate" is set to "Quick" or "Manual" with 2 or 1 seconds interval, the Tasks tab view actually does not get regularly updated for a couple of refresh cycles, just "arbitrarily once in a few". Occasionally some CPU% or the TTh's temperatures move a bit during these intervals, but no time data.
(As if a new refresh cycle would be initiated prior to obtaining complete data in-time and throwing the results of previous communications.)
(Connected only to one 6.11.8 localhost (not anymore the "unsupported" 6.11.6 ;D).)

Setting the rate to "Normal" or at least 3 seconds recovers the normal functionality. (I guess thus the name "Normal" :D)
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on October 01, 2010, 03:36:27 PM
When the "BT Settings / View / Refresh rate" is set to "Quick" or "Manual" with 2 or 1 seconds interval, the Tasks tab view actually does not get regularly updated for a couple of refresh cycles, just "arbitrarily once in a few". Occasionally some CPU% or the TTh's temperatures move a bit during these intervals, but no time data.
(As if a new refresh cycle would be initiated prior to obtaining complete data in-time and throwing the results of previous communications.)
(Connected only to one 6.11.8 localhost (not anymore the "unsupported" 6.11.6 ;D).)

Setting the rate to "Normal" or at least 3 seconds recovers the normal functionality. (I guess thus the name "Normal" :D)
I put in a 2 second check to limit the minimum frequency. I will change that to 1 second. This will give an effective minimum refresh rate of about 2 seconds.
This seems to solve the strange things you noticed.

Effective V 0.77

Pepo

Quote from: fred on October 02, 2010, 10:19:17 AM
I put in a 2 second check to limit the minimum frequency. I will change that to 1 second. This will give an effective minimum refresh rate of about 2 seconds.
Why limiting the refresh frequency/rate? What about postponing the start of next "refresh" until the previous one is really complete with both communication and data display? Let a user select even 0.25 second, maybe his i9 machine will really handle this. And if I set 1.25 second on my old Duron, who cares - after it completes displaying the page at 4.8 second mark, the next refresh cycle can begin...
Peter

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on October 02, 2010, 09:39:45 PM
...And if I set 1.25 second on my old Duron, who cares - after it completes displaying the page at 4.8 second mark, the next refresh cycle can begin...
Out of pure curiosity, I've installed the BT 0.76 on my old AMD dinosaur (WinXP 32b, fresh BOINC 6.11.9 (installed 1/2 hour ago) running as a service).

Weird result: I can see the machine in Computers, its projects in Projects, all messages in Messages, all (as many as 4: 1+1 CPU + 2 nCPUi ;D) tasks in Gadget, but the Tasks tab window is literally empty. Just in the status bar, either the "Switched, busy..." or "Update in 5 seconds" text stays displayed and does not change ???

Few minutes later: I've got the tasks somehow displayed (with correct highlighting), but the displayed data does not change at all, in a couple of minutes it is sadly outdated. Interestingly the progress% does continually change in the Gadget.
The same "Switched, busy..." is true for Transfers tab.

Note2: even two restarts did nothing with it. And the debug log also does not seem to reveal anything suspicious:
03 október 2010 - 00:20:09 Logging ---- Start debug mode
03 október 2010 - 00:20:09 Logging ---- fileonly
03 október 2010 - 00:20:09
03 október 2010 - 00:20:10 Language ---- User: 1051 (SKY), System: 1051 (SKY), Selected: 0 () Used: 1033 (ENU)
03 október 2010 - 00:20:10 Main ---- BoincTasks Version: 0.76
03 október 2010 - 00:20:10 GetLocalDirectory ---- C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks
03 október 2010 - 00:20:11 BoincTasks version: 0.76
03 október 2010 - 00:20:11 Maximum number of computers: 60
03 október 2010 - 00:20:11 Computers ---- localhost get local password: (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Data aplikací\BOINC\\gui_rpc_auth.cfg) blab356d35noltba3el53biela3ve447bmel46456a
03 október 2010 - 00:20:11 Computers ---- vetroplach.sajby.ba.sk , localhost
03 október 2010 - 00:20:11 GetLocalDirectory ---- C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks
03 október 2010 - 00:20:11 Connected ---- Host: localhost,vetroplach.sajby.ba.sk,Port: 31416, BOINC Version: 6.11.9

Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on October 02, 2010, 09:39:45 PM
Quote from: fred on October 02, 2010, 10:19:17 AM
Why limiting the refresh frequency/rate? What about postponing the start of next "refresh" until the previous one is really complete with both communication and data display? Let a user select even 0.25 second, maybe his i9 machine will really handle this. And if I set 1.25 second on my old Duron, who cares - after it completes displaying the page at 4.8 second mark, the next refresh cycle can begin...
The same date is also used by the history fetch. In V 0.76 if the fetch is within 1 second the other history fetch is used.

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on October 02, 2010, 10:04:54 PM
Out of pure curiosity, I've installed the BT 0.76 on my old AMD dinosaur (WinXP 32b, fresh BOINC 6.11.9 (installed 1/2 hour ago) running as a service).

Weird result: I can see the machine in Computers, its projects in Projects, all messages in Messages, all (as many as 4: 1+1 CPU + 2 nCPUi ;D) tasks in Gadget, but the Tasks tab window is literally empty. Just in the status bar, either the "Switched, busy..." or "Update in 5 seconds" text stays displayed and does not change ???

Few minutes later: I've got the tasks somehow displayed (with correct highlighting), but the displayed data does not change at all, in a couple of minutes it is sadly outdated. Interestingly the progress% does continually change in the Gadget.
The same "Switched, busy..." is true for Transfers tab.

Note2: even two restarts did nothing with it.
The app was restarted last time just few minutes after posting the previous message. But the whole Sunday it behaved as weird as described.

Now it suddenly displays both Tasks and Transfers tabs correctly. The system was just a couple of times hibernated and resumed since my post.
Peter

Pepo

Each time after resuming a suspended GPU (0.21C + 1NV) task, during some initial 20 seconds (I assume until the calculations settled down), the "CPU%" field value was 100.00 and was highlighted with some warning color, and the tooltip over this field was "100.00 |11315963".

No complaint. Just, what does the number mean? It is the only tooltip on a non-truncated value.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on October 07, 2010, 09:08:45 AM
Each time after resuming a suspended GPU (0.21C + 1NV) task, during some initial 20 seconds (I assume until the calculations settled down), the "CPU%" field value was 100.00 and was highlighted with some warning color, and the tooltip over this field was "100.00 |11315963".

No complaint. Just, what does the number mean? It is the only tooltip on a non-truncated value.
See warnings tab Cpu between Gpu between CPU % between.
Color warnings GPU ratio.

The number is the cell color but should be hidden, bug.....