BT 0.79

Started by Pepo, October 13, 2010, 09:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

Displayed lines with tasks, projects, messages, history etc. are too tight vertically - a couple of characters' pixels below the base font line are overwritten by the adjacent line - characters like "j/i", "y/v", "g/q/o/p", "_/ ", ";/:", ",/.", "Q/O" are hard (or impossible) to distinguish between...
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on October 13, 2010, 09:25:59 AM
Displayed lines with tasks, projects, messages, history etc. are too tight vertically - a couple of characters' pixels below the base font line are overwritten by the adjacent line - characters like "j/i", "y/v", "g/q/o/p", "_/ ", ";/:", ",/.", "Q/O" are hard (or impossible) to distinguish between...
Fixed in V 0.80. Had a nice example, but the example as often, was a bit off. Was a bit more complicated.
Now the text is more readable ::).

I will release a new version A.S.A.P. as this is a more serious problem.

JStateson

I am getting crashes sometimes minutes apart.  ie:  BT crashes and asks if I want to send the dump file to you.  I close it, start BT back up and about 5 - 50 minutes later it crashes again.  This also happened in .78 or maybe .76, as I may have skipped an update or two.  About a week ago I had maybe 50 BT icons in the task bar, all but 1 were dead.  That has not happened recently but I did turn off the silent restart.

Do you want the .dmp files e-mailed?  I can also ftp them to a web site I got and just email you the link.  Possibly you already have more .dmp files then you need.

The last crash occured just a few minutes ago and before I would write down the location of the dmp file the message disappeared off the screen.  There was time to make a note of the location but I didnt do it right away. 

I am currently debugging my own app under VS2008 and turned off BT temporarily to make my own debugging easier.   About a month ago, I also stopped  reporting temperature info back to BT from my Linux systems so that cannot be causing the problem.

fred

Quote from: BeemerBiker on October 13, 2010, 04:50:17 PM
I am getting crashes sometimes minutes apart.  ie:  BT crashes and asks if I want to send the dump file to you.  I close it, start BT back up and about 5 - 50 minutes later it crashes again.  This also happened in .78 or maybe .76, as I may have skipped an update or two.  About a week ago I had maybe 50 BT icons in the task bar, all but 1 were dead.  That has not happened recently but I did turn off the silent restart.

Do you want the .dmp files e-mailed?  I can also ftp them to a web site I got and just email you the link.  Possibly you already have more .dmp files then you need.

The last crash occured just a few minutes ago and before I would write down the location of the dmp file the message disappeared off the screen.  There was time to make a note of the location but I didnt do it right away. 

I am currently debugging my own app under VS2008 and turned off BT temporarily to make my own debugging easier.   About a month ago, I also stopped  reporting temperature info back to BT from my Linux systems so that cannot be causing the problem.

The location:C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\eFMer\BoincTasks\crash
you can mail me at fred at efmer dot com
If possible one of a recent BT copy 0.78 or 0.79.
What BOINC version are you using?

Pepo

Quote from: fred on October 07, 2010, 09:29:46 AM
Quote from: Pepo on October 07, 2010, 09:08:45 AM
Each time after resuming a suspended GPU (0.21C + 1NV) task, during some initial 20 seconds (I assume until the calculations settled down), the "CPU%" field value was 100.00 and was highlighted with some warning color, and the tooltip over this field was "100.00 |11315963".

No complaint. Just, what does the number mean? It is the only tooltip on a non-truncated value.
See warnings tab Cpu between Gpu between CPU % between.
Color warnings GPU ratio.

The number is the cell color but should be hidden, bug.....
Now it is quasi vice-versa ;D

• When the "CPU %" column is too narrow and the values contain trailing "..."s (ellipsis?), then especially the field with a warning color does not display a tooltip, all other fields do it correctly.
  • When aborting a task, which Deadline item is highlighted, the Abort dialog shows the field like "| 15.10.10 22:38L7960312". Additionally, the datetime is displayed in a custom format, if it matters for the bug to appear. ... Checked - no, regardless of the format, probably again just a cell color value?
  • When cells in "Deadline" and "CPU %" are highlighted, then the auto-resizing makes the column too wide, with a plenty of free space. I believe this bug has already been addressed somewhere (the cell color value?).
Peter

JStateson

Quote from: fred on October 13, 2010, 05:26:21 PM
<SNIP>

OMG!!  There are 95 dump files there!!  from 85mb thru 142mb in size.

I will zip up one each from 79 and 78 (Both are from today).   Lemme know if the zip files arrives ok.  My ISP may not let it thru.
I am running boinc 6.10.65 and 6.10.66 on 3 windows and 5 ubuntu systems.

Beyond

Quote from: BeemerBiker on October 13, 2010, 07:47:47 PM
<SNIP>

I will zip up one each from 79 and 78 (Both are from today).   Lemme know if the zip files arrives ok.  My ISP may not let it thru.
Thought I'd check too.  I have 152 *.dmp files in the crash directory for a total of 14.1 GB...

Tim Norton

Yep i am getting crashes too with 0.79 on Win7 64 bit

first time i had noticed BT crash before and just checked my dump files and only four

two from today where had two icons in the task bar - BT would not close from the main menu or the system tray

had to manually kill with task manager although took a couple of goes to work

do you want the dump files even rar'd the smallest is 24meg in size

can put them on dropbox and send you the link if thats easier?
Thanks

Tim

John McLeod VII

Quote from: fred on October 13, 2010, 02:51:57 PM
Quote from: Pepo on October 13, 2010, 09:25:59 AM
Fixed in V 0.80. Had a nice example, but the example as often, was a bit off. Was a bit more complicated.
Now the text is more readable ::).

I will release a new version A.S.A.P. as this is a more serious problem.

The correct calculation is m-height + ascender + descender + leading.  (from memory, I wrote part of a typography program once upon a time).

fred

<SNIP>

They revealed nothing at all.
But I'm getting suspicious about the BOINC alpha versions. Maybe they changed something that causes these problems.

Beyond

Quote from: fred on October 14, 2010, 06:21:24 AM
<SNIP>

They revealed nothing at all.
But I'm getting suspicious about the BOINC alpha versions. Maybe they changed something that causes these problems.
I'm currently using v6.11.6 and 6.11.9 but the vast majority of my 152 dump files were from v6.10.58 and before.  Could we possibly have an option for limiting or not generating these at all?  They came close to filling the partition where BT is installed.

fred

Quote from: Beyond on October 14, 2010, 01:16:05 PM
I'm currently using v6.11.6 and 6.11.9 but the vast majority of my 152 dump files were from v6.10.58 and before.  Could we possibly have an option for limiting or not generating these at all?  They came close to filling the partition where BT is installed.
I will limit the number of dump files.