BT 0.84

Started by Pepo, October 29, 2010, 01:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

If the BT Temperature Graphics' CPU%+GPU% checkboxes and time selector would be placed above the CPU cores' and GPUs' checkboxes, then it would be possible to resize the window at the user's will to make it much thinner vertically. Now the mentioned controls get obscured and on a machine with just a few cores, there remains a lot of unused visible place above them.
And owners of a lot of cores would possibly anyway need to keep the window high to see them all...
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on October 29, 2010, 01:08:55 PM
If the BT Temperature Graphics' CPU%+GPU% checkboxes and time selector would be placed above the CPU cores' and GPUs' checkboxes, then it would be possible to resize the window at the user's will to make it much thinner vertically. Now the mentioned controls get obscured and on a machine with just a few cores, there remains a lot of unused visible place above them.
And owners of a lot of cores would possibly anyway need to keep the window high to see them all...
That would be an option. I didn't do that, because of the time box that moves down over the check boxes.
But why would you want a graph that small.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on October 29, 2010, 01:18:44 PM
Quote from: Pepo on October 29, 2010, 01:08:55 PM
[...] it would be possible to resize the window at the user's will to make it much thinner vertically.
But why would you want a graph that small.
Sometimes I keep the TTh's graph open at the bottom of my secondary monitor for days long.
Just a wide thin stripe 1+10+2 degrees high. Observing and monitoring apps' influence on CPU temperature.
And seeing the influence of opened window to the fresh cold air ;D
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on October 29, 2010, 01:26:44 PM
Sometimes I keep the TTh's graph open at the bottom of my secondary monitor for days long.
Just a wide thin stripe 1+10+2 degrees high. Observing and monitoring apps' influence on CPU temperature.
And seeing the influence of opened window to the fresh cold air ;D
I could make the graph to maximize by e.g. double clicking, so you only get the graph.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on October 29, 2010, 01:45:09 PM
I could make the graph to maximize by e.g. double clicking, so you only get the graph.
Nice idea, worth trying.
Peter

Beyond

Hopefully this graph data won't add much overhead?  ???

fred

Quote from: Beyond on October 29, 2010, 03:12:31 PM
Hopefully this graph data won't add much overhead?  ???
It doesn't on both sides.
It becomes active when the dialog is visible. At that moment there is a lot of activity, until the data is read. After that only a few bytes are read every second.
But only as long an the dialog is visible.

Beyond

Some checkpointing problems:

1) All single tasks that are "Waiting to run" show a deadline warning if Filter (combine) is set to on.

2) Warning time is too short (2 minutes).  About 1/2 of my tasks show a checkpoint warning at any given time.  A much longer time for the warning would be preferable (5 - 10 minutes) or better, a configurable time :)

fred

Quote from: Beyond on October 29, 2010, 08:06:25 PM
Some checkpointing problems:

1) All single tasks that are "Waiting to run" show a deadline warning if Filter (combine) is set to on.

2) Warning time is too short (2 minutes).  About 1/2 of my tasks show a checkpoint warning at any given time.  A much longer time for the warning would be preferable (5 - 10 minutes) or better, a configurable time :)

1) Noted, a specific project of any.
2) The checkpoint warning can be adjusted, to about anyway you can think off.
Place it in a file called config.xml and place it next to the BT exe
You can set the warning to a specific project or a specific application.

<config>
   <checkpoint>
      <project>world%20community%20grid</project>
      <application></application>
      <seconds>3600</seconds>
      <red>255</red>
      <green>0</green>
      <blue>0</blue>
   </checkpoint>
   <checkpoint>
      <project></project>
      <seconds>0</seconds>
      <red>o</red>
      <green>255</green>
      <blue>0</blue>
   </checkpoint>
</config>

Corsair

x64 (win 7 & XP) and proper version of BT and TT installed, all machines of x64 I could shown perfectly the temperature graph, with the thing that when you point to one computer it starts from the beginning running to the actual hour to show correctly ??

in the x32 version of BT and TT same use as above, perfectly.

in both version I could not see or is not properly displayed the machine of x32.

I run one machine with XP x64 with BT (& TT), two win 7 x64 and one XP x32.

and this last I run the version of BT x32 and controlling the other computers (1 XP x64, 2 7x64)
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

Beyond

Quote from: fred on October 30, 2010, 09:22:48 AM

1) Noted, a specific project of any.
2) The checkpoint warning can be adjusted, to about anyway you can think off.
Place it in a file called config.xml and place it next to the BT exe
You can set the warning to a specific project or a specific application.

<config>
   <checkpoint>
      <project>world%20community%20grid</project>
      <seconds>3600</seconds>
      <red>255</red>
      <green>0</green>
      <blue>0</blue>
   </checkpoint>
   <checkpoint>
      <project></project>
      <seconds>0</seconds>
      <red>o</red>
      <green>255</green>
      <blue>0</blue>
   </checkpoint>
</config>
Thanks Fred, guess I should have checked the FAQs :)

After a bit of fiddling I set up a nice set of global warnings.  When I set up a longer warning only for a particular project it still includes the global warnings.  Is there a way to exclude a project from the global checkpoint warnings?

Beyond

In BoincTasks Settings/Tasks when "Use user friendly name" is checked the full name is displayed.  Shouldn't it be the other way around?

fred

Quote from: Beyond on November 01, 2010, 05:21:09 PM
Thanks Fred, guess I should have checked the FAQs :)

After a bit of fiddling I set up a nice set of global warnings.  When I set up a longer warning only for a particular project it still includes the global warnings.  Is there a way to exclude a project from the global checkpoint warnings?
By setting an extremely long time?
like 2147483647

Beyond

Quote from: fred on November 01, 2010, 05:37:45 PM
Quote from: Beyond on November 01, 2010, 05:21:09 PM
By setting an extremely long time?
like 2147483647
Tried that but all that happens is that the global settings are still enforced plus the longer time warning is added for that project.  I've tried adding the project, adding the application name, adding both: still acts the same.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Beyond

History tab view does not honor the chosen time format, "Elapsed Time" still shows some times like : 
AQUA@home    1.14 IQUANA (mt1)    iq64A2_281006a_2_164_0    01d,01:40:42 (03d,19:03:24)    10-31-10  02:36    10-31-10  02:38    4.00C    Reported: OK (u)

Feature request:  Configurable column placement in the History tab.