File Tab - add start and stop TThrottle?

Started by ski1939, November 19, 2010, 03:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ski1939

Hi Fred - would it be possible to add a "Start TThrottle" and a "Stop TThrottle" command to the BT File Tab, which would execute on the selected/highlighted computer (either the local host or especially a remote)?

fred

Quote from: ski1939 on November 19, 2010, 03:38:04 AM
Hi Fred - would it be possible to add a "Start TThrottle" and a "Stop TThrottle" command to the BT File Tab, which would execute on the selected/highlighted computer (either the local host or especially a remote)?
Interesting problem, it's on the list.

ski1939

Hi Fred - have you had any more thoughts about this suggestion?

It would help to stop TT on the remote hosts when its not needed during the cold weather and then to start TT again when it warms up, without having to physically go to the remote hosts.

Thanks ski1939

fred

Quote from: ski1939 on November 15, 2011, 02:47:45 PM
It would help to stop TT on the remote hosts when its not needed during the cold weather and then to start TT again when it warms up, without having to physically go to the remote hosts.
BoincTasks Show->TThrottle Remove the check at "Auto active"

ski1939

Does this actually stop TT on the remote (which is what I want to do) or does it simply not display TT info in BT?

Pepo

Quote from: ski1939 on November 15, 2011, 03:57:50 PM
Does this actually stop TT on the remote (which is what I want to do) or does it simply not display TT info in BT?
It will just de/activate throttling on the particular remote machine (and keep delivering the temperature info), if TTh already runs there.
It could terminate remote TTh, but I believe the existing solution is pretty 8) cool.

I have no idea, how to remotely start TTh, without having some remote tool (command proxy) waiting for such command. You could consider the running remote TTh being such tool ;)
Peter

fred

Quote from: ski1939 on November 15, 2011, 03:57:50 PM
It stops most of TThrottle, but not all. Is should use as much CPU as running on 100%.
You could try remote desktop. Or a program like logmein works quite nice as well.