BT 0.91

Started by jjwhalen, November 29, 2010, 01:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjwhalen

Notices appear to be broken in this version.  Selecting a computer known to have notices, the Notices tab displays
QuoteThis program cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
    Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.  

Retype the address.  

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

Since I'm posting this, obviously I have Internet connectivity.  The notices are displaying correctly in BM (6.12.6α).  It looks like the notices.html file is not being created.  Maybe something to do with the fix
QuoteChanged: Notices: Don't show more, on notices without an link ???

Note: I usually use GoogleChrome as my default browser.  On a hunch I changed default to Internet Explorer, but no change in behavior.

Corsair

same as jjwhalen, and same too with Chrome.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

Pepo

Although I use nearly exclusively the Chrome, my default is still set to IE. But I see the same error for Notices.
Peter

fred

A new one. V 0.91.1 with an updated notices template. Forgot to include the new one. ???

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on November 29, 2010, 01:46:48 PM
Notices appear to be broken in this version.  Selecting a computer known to have notices, the Notices tab displays
You can check what's wrong, by looking in the logging, with the debug check enabled. Should log the error.
This case it was the template, you still got the old one. V 0.91.1 only difference is a new template.html.

Pepo

The notices are displaying correctly in BM (6.12.6α).  It looks like the notices.html file is not being created.
I've checked one short BT run with ProcessMonitor. C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\html\notices.html is tried to be read (it does not exist) instead of the one in user profile folders, which was being written previously, then C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\html\notices_template.html, which is then not necessary anymore...
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 29, 2010, 02:36:39 PM
The notices are displaying correctly in BM (6.12.6α).  It looks like the notices.html file is not being created.
I've checked one short BT run with ProcessMonitor. C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\html\notices.html is tried to be read (it does not exist) instead of the one in user profile folders, which was being written previously, then C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\html\notices_template.html, which is then not necessary anymore...
See the explanation in the notices_template.html
notices.html is a user created replacement of the template. To remove overwrite problems, only notices_template.html is made and updated to the latest version.
But notices.html is always used first, when there is any.

Pepo

Fred, the original 0.91 did not recognize (or actually get informed) that there is an updated version 0.91.1. Or you have had to directly replace the original file?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 29, 2010, 03:46:21 PM
Fred, the original 0.91 did not recognize (or actually get informed) that there is an updated version 0.91.1. Or you have had to directly replace the original file?
It's not a new version just an installer update. Everything is the same except the template.

John McLeod VII

I have a Windows 7 64 bit computer on which BT 0.91 has entered a continuous loop of die, restart.  The only way to stop this was to reboot the computer.  I was in the process of adding computers when it happened.

First, a program should not just die.  Second, it should not enter a forever loop trying to restart.

fred

Quote from: John McLeod VII on November 29, 2010, 05:55:18 PM
I have a Windows 7 64 bit computer on which BT 0.91 has entered a continuous loop of die, restart.  The only way to stop this was to reboot the computer.  I was in the process of adding computers when it happened.

First, a program should not just die.  Second, it should not enter a forever loop trying to restart.
It will stop trying after a couple (10) of times, this was added in V 0.91 to prevent these kind of loops.
I'm interested in the dump files. And what you where doing exactly.
This sounds like a serious problem, but should be easy to detect.

John McLeod VII

Quote from: fred on November 29, 2010, 05:59:53 PM
Quote from: John McLeod VII on November 29, 2010, 05:55:18 PM

It will stop trying after a couple (10) of times, this was added in V 0.91 to prevent these kind of loops.
I'm interested in the dump files. And what you where doing exactly.
This sounds like a serious problem, but should be easy to detect.
If you can PM me you email, I will email them tomorrow.  I was adding computers, and when the program switched to the tasks view, it blew up.  BTW, it was many more than 10 crash and restarts.

Pepo

This sounds familiar ;D
Quote from: Pepo on October 13, 2010, 07:10:20 PM

• When aborting a task, which Deadline item is highlighted, the Abort dialog shows the field like "| 15.10.10 22:38L7960312". Additionally, the datetime is displayed in a custom format, if it matters for the bug to appear. ... Checked - no, regardless of the format, probably again just a cell color value?

Now it is back in 0.91.1 - have you eventually reused the code? ;) (sorry)

• When aborting a task, which Deadline item is highlighted, the Abort dialog shows the field like "[]30.11.10 09:07:50[]7960312" (where "[]" is some square box character). Regardless of whether some pre-defined or custom datetime format is used.

And, the Abort dialog does not use the same font size as is used in the Task + Project Properties dialogs. (And, neither of the dialogs uses the user-specified font size and typeface - maybe at some later point in time?)
Peter

Pepo

No matter how many tasks are selected, the Task properties dialog always looks like this (we've lost Copy&Paste :( from the dialogs) - the most of lines are replaced by a single 'x' character: Computer

Name

App
WU name
State
Received
Deadline
x
x
x
x
(continues through all selected tasks, until the last task's line...)
x
x
CPU time at last checkpoint

The Project properties dialog looks fine.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 29, 2010, 10:38:08 PM
No matter how many tasks are selected, the Task properties dialog always looks like this (we've lost Copy&Paste :( from the dialogs) - the most of lines are replaced by a single 'x' character:
The Project properties dialog looks fine.
I added a context menu to copy everything.
But whatever I try I can't reproduce the problems you have with the Task properties.
The columns are wide enough?

A screen-shot may tell it all.