BoincTask self closing

Started by edtemp, December 04, 2010, 01:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edtemp

I am a new user of BoincTask, which I find excellent. Though, I have a big problem, as My BoincTask closes itself continuously. My op. system is Windows XP. Any help?

fred

Quote from: edtemp on December 04, 2010, 01:15:50 PM
I am a new user of BoincTask, which I find excellent. Though, I have a big problem, as My BoincTask closes itself continuously. My op. system is Windows XP. Any help?
First try to use the latest version: http://www.efmer.eu/boinc/boinc_tasks/download_beta.html

1) Next check c:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\eFMer\BoincTasks\crash  Are there any any files there?
2) In the status, the right bottom of the BT screen, is there any message like closing..
3) Check: F:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\eFMer\BoincTasks\log Look in the latest log and see if there is any message about shutting down.
4) Are you using the 64 or 32 bit version. What BOINC Version are you using? What is the amount of installed system memory.

edtemp

I always use the last version, trying to solve the problem, now 0.91
1) In c:\documents...\crash there are many files dmp, with date and time, that i cannot open; about 110.000kb each: boinctasks 091 04-12-2010 17-31.dmp is the last one
2) In status bottom (avisos in spanish) there is no file
3) In c:\documents...\log there are many files, but they do not say anything about crashes
4) 32 bits; boinc 6.10.58; 4.096 MB physical; 2 GB virtual; 6,85 GB pagefile
Thanks a lot,
edtemp

fred

Quote from: edtemp on December 04, 2010, 06:45:53 PM
edtemp
I send you a PM with the upload instructions for the dmp files. If you could include the latest log file as well, that would be even better.

fred

Try using V 0.92, I made a couple of changes internally, that may or may not help.

1) Try disabling the history (Extra BoincTasks settings, deactivate history (first check)
2) Try disabling TThrottle (Extra BoincTasks settings, general, Connect to TThrottle.

fred

I'm 99.0% sure I found the problem for this one.
It is caused by a password error. At that point I create an error string in the logging, but the string got too long for the buffer. An this caused a nice cascade failure.

This problem didn't pop up with the regular users as they already have a working setup.

edtemp

Version 0.93 seems to solve the problem. Many thanksĀ”
edtemp