BT 0.93

Started by Corsair, December 09, 2010, 03:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjwhalen

Quote from: fred on December 10, 2010, 04:59:45 PM
Quote from: glennaxl on December 10, 2010, 04:55:56 PM
I don't think it crashed as there's no dump file generated for today. It always happen even on previous versions (cant remember whc way back).
One thing for sure that I will get this issue is when one of my host (remote - from far far away land :) ) goes offline then BT will have a thread timeout - results to toolbars in the wrong place.
I made a note to test it.

I was unable to reproduce glenaxl's symptom by either killing BT externally from Process Explorer, or internally using the silver bullet.  The selection bar stayed where it was placed, next to the operation bar.

So that "thread timeout" situation may be unique.  I don't have any remotes further than the next room, all on the same subnet, so can't really reproduce glenaxl's conditions.

Corsair

from previous version, I've had one crash that doesn't leave anything, and something like:

a farm of computer.
by means of testing one of then w7-pro-x64 & BTx64, laptop wxp-pro-x32 & BTx32.
when one of this computers is rebooted or started BT in the other computer just quit without producing any error, neither crash file, etc.

I'm watching in this version and for the moment hasn't being, I'll keep an eye on it if happens again.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on December 10, 2010, 07:38:05 PM
from previous version, I've had one crash that doesn't leave anything, and something like:

a farm of computer.
by means of testing one of then w7-pro-x64 & BTx64, laptop wxp-pro-x32 & BTx32.
when one of this computers is rebooted or started BT in the other computer just quit without producing any error, neither crash file, etc.

I'm watching in this version and for the moment hasn't being, I'll keep an eye on it if happens again.
This version should have eliminate a couple of bug in the reconnect, as well as a bug when the connection breaks of unexpectedly.

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on December 10, 2010, 08:56:33 AM
After a restart from thread timeout, selection bar goes under toolbar operation. It seems it can't remember where it was.
I tested it, but can't reproduce that effect.

Beyond

Later versions of BT (not sure exactly when it started) have been using a LOT more CPU time than previous versions.  Is feature creep the cause?

fred

Quote from: Beyond on December 12, 2010, 11:19:08 PM
Later versions of BT (not sure exactly when it started) have been using a LOT more CPU time than previous versions.  Is feature creep the cause?
Depends on what a LOT is an when is when. Of course every new thing has to come from somewhere. But I normally take that in consideration. Some changes have done the opposite, so I don't think there is more overhead on the latest version.

BT should be hidden when not in use. In this state it uses a lot less resources than shown.
A couple of 1000 WU's in tasks will help. Setting the refresh rate to a longer time will help.
A large history will help. Try to keep the history at 1 day, on a system with thousands of WU's.

glennaxl

Quote from: fred on December 12, 2010, 02:04:26 PM
Quote from: glennaxl on December 10, 2010, 08:56:33 AM
After a restart from thread timeout, selection bar goes under toolbar operation. It seems it can't remember where it was.
I tested it, but can't reproduce that effect.
I can't either but it happens to me from time to time. I'll note it next time when it occur.