Deadline to be kept in history?

Started by Pepo, December 22, 2010, 04:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

I've got an idea for a poll, whether it would be useful to keep also a task's deadline in history...
Peter

jjwhalen

I really only see one situation where I would need to keep the deadline of completed tasks: if they were submitted late because the project server was down, to see if credit is granted anyway.  This is (hopefully) pretty rare.

[EDIT]
In this connection if the feature gets implemented, it would be helpful to have visual indication (e.g., cell color) if the Reported time is after the deadline.
[/EDIT]

Pepo

Quote from: jjwhalen on December 22, 2010, 05:11:32 PM
I really only see one situation where I would need to keep the deadline of completed tasks: if they were submitted late because the project server was down, to see if credit is granted anyway.  This is (hopefully) pretty rare.
Indeed! Or when a machine could not crunch often enough, or has been otherwise busy, or after a holiday off, or...
Quote[EDIT]
In this connection if the feature gets implemented, it would be helpful to have visual indication (e.g., cell color) if the Reported time is after the deadline.
[/EDIT]

Maybe the exact deadline time (and an additional column) would not be necessary, just this visual indication (in some of the cells)?
Peter