Some AQ before starting

Started by Corsair, July 23, 2009, 01:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

Hi Fred,

I've donwloaded and installed BOINC-TG, and read the setup instructions, some FAQ before starting:

- SETI User ID: which one the short one, the CPID, I insert it the short one and could not get any info, I mean I insert the ID and Computer -- Add from Internet, but don't get any computer.
- I could attach manually hosts, I've this computer in the remote_hosts.cfg of every host.
- I've setup the host with the gui_rpc_auth.cfg password of every computer, and the work is seen, but if I Load from internet I got an empty windows with its colummns but no data.

I know that it's a beta program, and much to be polished has to be done, but Why I didin't get any info when attaching with the Seti ID, or really what is the ID that I have to insert.

there has to be done anything with the Windows Firewall??

cheers, Carmelo.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on July 23, 2009, 01:29:22 PM
Hi Fred,

I've donwloaded and installed BOINC-TG, and read the setup instructions, some FAQ before starting:

- SETI User ID: which one the short one, the CPID, I insert it the short one and could not get any info, I mean I insert the ID and Computer -- Add from Internet, but don't get any computer.
- I could attach manually hosts, I've this computer in the remote_hosts.cfg of every host.
- I've setup the host with the gui_rpc_auth.cfg password of every computer, and the work is seen, but if I Load from internet I got an empty windows with its colummns but no data.

I know that it's a beta program, and much to be polished has to be done, but Why I didin't get any info when attaching with the Seti ID, or really what is the ID that I have to insert.

cheers, Carmelo.
This id:  http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/hosts_user.php?userid
You get this page by pressing "your computers"
But at the moment, I think for a week or so Seti shut down the database access, to conserve bandwidth.
So this feature relies on this database and ..... is not working at the moment.

efmer

Quote from: fred on July 23, 2009, 01:40:26 PM
Quote from: Corsair on July 23, 2009, 01:29:22 PM
Hi Fred,

cheers, Carmelo.
This id:  http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/hosts_user.php?userid
You get this page by pressing "your computers"
But at the moment, I think for a week or so Seti shut down the database access, to conserve bandwidth.
So this feature relies on this database and ..... is not working at the moment.
In version 0.0.3 this will be the Account key, that should work better. BoincTasks now logs into the account using this key.
The key to use is the FULL access key.
The key is stored but not shown and is encrypted. Because this key gives you full access to your Seti account. This makes my security a bit more tight than on the Seti side.
Stored in C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\eFMer\BoincTasks hard to think this is indeed the default location in Vista. ;D
One holds the settings and another the computers.