Gadget modes

Started by jjwhalen, January 12, 2011, 02:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjwhalen

Two related feature requests:

• Request add a 3rd mode option to the Gadget settings -- Mode: Show all 'Ready to report' tasks,
  • Request add the Projects>Report all completed tasks command to the systray context menu.

I hope you're enjoying your hiking holiday ;D

Pepo

Quote from: jjwhalen on January 12, 2011, 02:09:00 AM

• Request add a 3rd mode option to the Gadget settings -- Mode: Show all 'Ready to report' tasks,
I'd vote for implementing this as a third column for the existing 2nd mode option Show all computers.
(And also for the tooltip? "Running: x, Finished: y").

• Request add the Projects>Report all completed tasks command to the systray context menu.
Also a good one :) really related, would spare time!
Peter

fred

I hope you're enjoying your hiking holiday ;D
I will try to implement that as an extra column in the computer mode.
The report all completed in the context menu is a good idea.

As for the hiking, excellent. Found another great place to do some cross country hiking. Today a bit too much, got over confident and suddenly got stuck with all steep (dry ;D) falls and nowhere to go but back up a slippery path.  Excellent for the GPS to find the same way back, easy to go the wrong way and end up a dead Burro, as we followed it's trail.

jjwhalen

Quote from: fred on January 12, 2011, 10:32:26 PM

I will try to implement that as an extra column in the computer mode.

As for the hiking, excellent. Found another great place to do some cross country hiking. Today a bit too much, got over confident and suddenly got stuck with all steep (dry ;D) falls and nowhere to go but back up a slippery path.  Excellent for the GPS to find the same way back, easy to go the wrong way and end up a dead Burro, as we followed it's trail.

Pepo's idea is probably a better solution for folks with many hosts; Bravo Zulu, Peter.

Dude, be safe and don't end up the dead burro :'(  But just in case, please arrange to release your source code "in the event of..."  :D

Pepo

Quote from: jjwhalen on January 13, 2011, 09:16:05 PM
Pepo's idea is probably a better solution for folks with many hosts; Bravo Zulu, Peter.
Thanks 8)  it's a honor for me!

QuoteDude, be safe and don't end up the dead burro :'(  But just in case, please arrange to release your source code "in the event of..."  :D
;D

A few years ago, we have lost BoincView in one sudden moment. Sebastian (its author) always said he will keep the sources, writing just for his fun. And once he suddenly vanished  ??? without a farewell  (but i'm convinced to say he continued to be active elsewhere; maybe he just lost interest (or eventually was forced to leave)).
Peter

jjwhalen

Quote from: Pepo on January 13, 2011, 10:01:35 PM
A few years ago, we have lost BoincView in one sudden moment. Sebastian (its author) always said he will keep the sources, writing just for his fun. And once he suddenly vanished  ??? without a farewell  (but i'm convinced to say he continued to be active elsewhere; maybe he just lost interest (or eventually was forced to leave)).

I wish only the best for Fred, and was kidding of course ;)  But I was certainly thinking of Sebastian & BoincView when I posted :(