BT 0.97

Started by Pepo, January 14, 2011, 04:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjwhalen

Quote from: jjwhalen on January 19, 2011, 10:51:14 PM
Filter based on plan class (too):

Primegrid just today deployed a new GPU application user-friendly name Cullen/Woodall Prime Search (Sieve) (cuda23) as a companion to the CPU version which has been around for awhile.  The .exe's (on a 64-bit machine) are primegrid_gcwsieve_1.12_windows_intelx86__cuda23 and primegrid_gcwsieve_1.12_windows_x86_64 respectively.

With work onboard for both apps and the task filter off, individual tasks are correctly displayed as CPU or GPU.  With the filter on, both types are combined into a single line entry :(

Request you refine the filter parameters to keep the two plan classes separate.  You'll recall we went through this with SETI & SETI Beta tasks also, when both projects were using the same app version number ;)  Note that in the present case, version numbers are also the same (1.12).

I was able to confirm this behavior today with Primegrid's other CPU/GPU application: 1.38 Proth Prime Search (Sieve) [+ (cuda23)] (exe's primegrid_tpsieve_1.38_windows_x86_64 and primegrid_tpsieve_1.38_windows_intelx86__cuda23).  The last time I ran both of these on the same host back in December, the filter was not combining the 2 types together.  But then the version numbers were different (1.36 vs. 1.37).  With both now being 1.38, they are getting combined just like the gcwsieve (Cullen/Woodall).

Normally I don't run the CPU app on the same platform with a GPU except during a Challenge, since it's a dreadful waste of CPU time.  But recently for technical reasons I've been forced to download CPU workunits also and then abort them.

Strange that the task filter isn't picking up the difference in plan class, because I thought we had that problem worked out  ???

[EDIT] Now running BT 0.98, but the behavior is the same. [/EDIT]

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on January 21, 2011, 11:35:24 PM
I was able to confirm this behavior today with Primegrid's other CPU/GPU application: 1.38 Proth Prime Search (Sieve) [+ (cuda23)] (exe's primegrid_tpsieve_1.38_windows_x86_64 and primegrid_tpsieve_1.38_windows_intelx86__cuda23).  The last time I ran both of these on the same host back in December, the filter was not combining the 2 types together.  But then the version numbers were different (1.36 vs. 1.37).  With both now being 1.38, they are getting combined just like the gcwsieve (Cullen/Woodall).

Normally I don't run the CPU app on the same platform with a GPU except during a Challenge, since it's a dreadful waste of CPU time.  But recently for technical reasons I've been forced to download CPU workunits also and then abort them.

Strange that the task filter isn't picking up the difference in plan class, because I thought we had that problem worked out  ???

[EDIT] Now running BT 0.98, but the behavior is the same. [/EDIT]
Fixed in V 0.99