BT 0.99

Started by Pepo, February 07, 2011, 08:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

For one DNETC@HOME task I see following times in BT (the task is preempted, in memory and did not checkpoint yet):
CPU time 01:51:58
Elapsed time -> 00:16:14 <-
Remaining time 01:02:35

The value in main window does match the value in task's Properties window.

BOINC Manager displays more appropriate Elapsed time:
Elapsed time -> 02:01:45 <-

After forcing the task to continue, the Elapsed time got immediately corrected. Maybe still some hidden, deeply residual bug?

From "Re: BT 0.94":
Quote from: Pepo on December 20, 2010, 06:30:11 PM
I've noticed a couple of discrepancies in few tasks' Elapsed time. Namely the value in Tasks tab's Elapsed column does not match (is less than) the value in the Task properties window. Usually much smaller, so I could notice it. And also smaller than the CPU time. A few examples (a lot of such tasks, thus not as screenshots), parts of the Properties dialog:
[.....]

One more CPDN task, which just finished, was switching between 9 and 15 days. At the point it got ready to report, the time was again correct.

Each time such task was preempted, the elapsed time (in main window) fell back to the (bold) value. After resuming such task, displayed Elapsed time was suddenly correct.
And I've noticed it just on tasks with Elapsed time > 1 day.

From "Re: BT 0.98":
Quote from: Pepo on February 03, 2011, 06:27:45 PM
I'm sorry to say I can again see problems with Elapsed time. Excerpts from an AQUA ROQS task state:
[.....]

For a 3-thread task, 7:25 hours wall-clock time is a bit less IMO compared to 4 CPU days. Also BOINC Manager reports 40:35:54 as Elapsed time... (and 98:15:40 as CPU time). The task stays passive in memory, was last time restarted 8 days ago and consumed 64:05:21 CPU seconds since.
[.....]

[edit]A hour later, the task reached 100%, but is still running. The time value displayed in main window is 0:14:39 (02:54:19). The elapsed time keeps fixed at the 14:39 minutes.
The time values in task's Properties window are:
CPU time 02:54:19
Elapsed time 03:07:16
Remaining time -
and they all do update.

After the task finished, the time value displayed in main window is again correct.[/edit]
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on March 04, 2011, 10:01:11 AM
For one DNETC@HOME task I see following times in BT (the task is preempted, in memory and did not checkpoint yet):
Elapsed time -> 00:16:14 <-

The value in main window does match the value in task's Properties window.
Is on my to do list to investigate.

fred

Quote from: fred on March 04, 2011, 01:29:30 AM
Quote from: Pepo on March 03, 2011, 03:00:24 PM
What about to convert localized parts of notices' text to UTF-8 prior to inserting them into final notices.html document? Then UTF-8 could be applied on the whole doc?
That's what I'm doing now. But still, I don't know why PrimeGrid's uses UTF-8 at all. ;D
I now try to get the ASCII text to be translated to UTF-8. From the right code page that is.
After several ways that didn't work or only partial. One that did everything right, except one wrong character. ???

Notice from BOINC
BOINC nemá prístup k Internetu - skontrolujte sieťové pripojnie alebo konfiguráciu proxy.
04-03-2011 15:36
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PrimeGrid: World Record 321 Prime
On 21 Feb 2011 21:45:32 UTC, PrimeGrid's 321

The file is now UTF-8 decoded.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on March 05, 2011, 12:52:01 AM
After several ways that didn't work or only partial. One that did everything right, except one wrong character. ???

Notice from BOINC
BOINC nemá prístup k Internetu - skontrolujte sieťové pripojnie alebo konfiguráciu proxy.
04-03-2011 15:36
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PrimeGrid: World Record 321 Prime
On 21 Feb 2011 21:45:32 UTC, PrimeGrid's 321

The file is now UTF-8 decoded.
The text reads pretty correct to me... both localized notice and PrimeGrid's news. Maybe a missing 'e' in "pripojenie"? Is this the wrong character, or just a copying typo? I haven't noticed any other discrepancy.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on March 05, 2011, 04:18:53 PM
The text reads pretty correct to me... both localized notice and PrimeGrid's news. Maybe a missing 'e' in "pripojenie"? Is this the wrong character, or just a copying typo? I haven't noticed any other discrepancy.
This is in the translation file  ???
sieťové pripojnie

Pepo

Quote from: fred on March 06, 2011, 01:19:50 AM
Quote from: Pepo on March 05, 2011, 04:18:53 PM
This is in the translation file  ???
sieťové pripojnie
Ooops! You're right, my .btlang file is missing this character :-[
I've uploaded a new one.

Is there still any wrong character?
Peter

Pepo

Tasks Graph. I've some 22 projects at the computer.  Without checking "Combine projects", their single graphs cover various periods between 10.1.2011 and 11.3.2011 and show spikes for received tasks.

With exception of 5 projects (AQUA, ibercivis, Spingenge, WCG, WUProp - if it matters), which cover a period 9.1.2011-11.3.2011, and Pirates, which covers 9.1.-10.1.2011. These 6 projects show no task spikes, although they were receiving and processing tasks in the periods. And the grids in their graphs vary in height between 1, 2 and 4 - the graphs are apparently prepared to display some correctly sized spikes, but nothing gets displayed?

Even more, with  "Combine projects" checked, I can combine any combination of the "correct" project's task spikes, but adding any of the "wrong" projects renders the graph blank.

What should I look for or post?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on March 10, 2011, 02:03:49 PM
What should I look for or post?
I see something similar on my own computer. It's on the BUG list.