News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

TThrottle and HD 4890 [solved]

Started by Smokyr, June 30, 2010, 04:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokyr

Hi,

First sorry for my English.

I am under Windows 7 and use TThrottle 1.82 with BOINC Manager.

It works well for the CPU but for the GPU, I have the temperature reading, but no regulation (and also, I have a 100% activity on the GPU (and I jnow it is not true)

I try, in the tab BOINC to add the task who use the GPU, but no effect.

Is TThrottle shoukd work with my graphic board ?

Thanks

fred

Quote from: Smokyr on June 30, 2010, 04:34:15 PM
Hi,

First sorry for my English.

I am under Windows 7 and use TThrottle 1.82 with BOINC Manager.

It works well for the CPU but for the GPU, I have the temperature reading, but no regulation (and also, I have a 100% activity on the GPU (and I jnow it is not true)

I try, in the tab BOINC to add the task who use the GPU, but no effect.

Is TThrottle shoukd work with my graphic board ?

Thanks
For a lot of us English is our second language. ;D

If you have a reading, than the problem is with Windows 7.
Start TThrottle with the right mouse and select run as administrator.
You can place TThrottle.exe in start->startup . With the right mouse select properties (of TThrottle.exe) and in the compatibility tab there is a setting run as administrator.

Smokyr

coolstream

I only started to use TThrottle today and am glad to have found this thread. Now that I am running the program as Administrator, I can see that throttling is definetly occuring and core temps are immediately being regulated.

re the suggestion to create a link with Administrator privileges in Startup folder, I guess that enabling 'Run TThrottle at startup' from Preference tab will not be neccessary.

@fred, I don't recall having seen mention of this in the manual. Do you think that adding this info to the manual would be useful?

Thanks for giving the useful info, and thanks to Smokyr for asking the question ;)

Pepo

When I've started to BOINC on Win7 Home Edition, I've had the same problems (with running BOINC as an admin user) and Fred also suggested me to run TThrottle as an admin. But I wanted to avoid having to run BOINC apps with elevated rights. I've just posted the story on BOINC dev Message boards.

To shorten it: I've finally succeeded to add myself (plain user) to boinc_admins and boinc_users groups, afterwards I was able to run BOINC Manager as myself (plain user) and TThrottle (launched also as myself) have had enough rights to pause BOINC processes.
Peter