Properties window

Started by Pepo, April 01, 2011, 01:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

BT shares one Properties dialog to show both

• Computer properties (usually very wide, with thin left column and wiiiiide right column),
  • Project properties (usually very tall, with wide left column and thin right column),
  • Task properties (medium-sized, with wide left column and medium-to-wide right column).
The four settings for dialog width and height and widths of the columns are shared between these three modes.

In order to immediately see the most, I have to keep the left column wide (to see by-the-additional-width-less from the Computer properties) and to keep the whole dialog unnecessarily wide (just because of the occasional Computer properties, which I have to scroll anyway, because there is also no tooltip). And in order to keep the dialog window not-that-much-tall for the mostly displayed tasks' properties, I always have to scroll it vertically to see the Project properties.

Could the dialog keep these four settings separate for the three modes?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on April 01, 2011, 01:14:57 PM
BT shares one Properties dialog to show both
I'm planning on storing the  column width and dialog position for all property dialogs separately, for the next release 1.01.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on April 01, 2011, 11:18:43 PM
I'm planning on storing the  column width and dialog position for all property dialogs separately, for the next release 1.01.
That would be excellent!
Peter