BT 1.02

Started by Pepo, April 13, 2011, 09:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on April 26, 2011, 04:13:28 PM
An Einstein CPU task was suddenly highlighted with violet color, which I could not find to be defined for either Tasks or Warnings or whatever (except some downloads using a similar color). The task was using just some 9-12% of CPU and the corresponding value in CPU% column was highlighted accordingly. After limiting CPU throttle to max. 10%, other running tasks got their warning CPU% highlight too, but not this violet full-line highlight.

After some half hour the task used 91% of CPU and was already highlighted with usual 'running CPU task' color (green). High priority is defined as an absolutely different color (yellow).
I've noticed I've indeed defined such color (or two similar) for two Rules - for tasks over 99.99% and tasks with < 1 second time remaining. I was hoping to notice Rosetta tasks, which finally checkpoint at 100.000% with 0 seconds remaining time estimate and are regularly preempted at this moment.
But never seen them highlighted before - apparently because the rules only apply to running tasks, and also with some delay. And the running Einstein task in question was somewhere in the middle of its life - none of both rules should have fired for it.

I've just some funky experience with the rules...  :-\
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on May 06, 2011, 01:37:09 PM
Quote from: Pepo on April 26, 2011, 04:13:28 PM
An Einstein CPU task was suddenly highlighted with violet color, which I could not find to be defined for either Tasks or Warnings or whatever (except some downloads using a similar color). The task was using just some 9-12% of CPU and the corresponding value in CPU% column was highlighted accordingly. After limiting CPU throttle to max. 10%, other running tasks got their warning CPU% highlight too, but not this violet full-line highlight.

After some half hour the task used 91% of CPU and was already highlighted with usual 'running CPU task' color (green). High priority is defined as an absolutely different color (yellow).
I've noticed I've indeed defined such color (or two similar) for two Rules - for tasks over 99.99% and tasks with < 1 second time remaining. I was hoping to notice Rosetta tasks, which finally checkpoint at 100.000% with 0 seconds remaining time estimate and are regularly preempted at this moment.
But never seen them highlighted before - apparently because the rules only apply to running tasks, and also with some delay. And the running Einstein task in question was somewhere in the middle of its life - none of both rules should have fired for it.

I've just some funky experience with the rules...  :-\
The rules get there data from the history, not from what you see in Tasks, so the data may be off by a couple of minutes.
The only way to get a more current reading is by setting the maximum update time lower. But that gives more overhead.

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on May 02, 2011, 03:28:38 PM
Quote from: fred on April 28, 2011, 11:46:16 PM
Quote from: Pepo on April 28, 2011, 02:27:46 PM
And one more still trying to hide itself - the tray icon's "GPU suspended" indicator still gets out of sync:
Is there any pattern? Can you reproduce it?
It happens, just hard to predict, when.
I'm not reporting anymore ;), that a newly started BT's tray icon got solid red 3 days later, I've noticed it just after the weekend. I'm pretty confident, that it was not red, when I left the machine on Friday (but not absolutely sure). If so, this would mean that it can get out of sync even while not snoozing GPU. (Take it just as a conspiracy theory.)
Peter