Running Jobs Filter

Started by JeffL-NH, April 27, 2011, 08:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beyond

Quote from: JeffL-NH on August 03, 2011, 07:21:27 PM
It cleans up the tasks display quite a bit. I'm currently displaying the tasks window with a sort on the Status column and a secondary sort on the Time Left column. The effect of this is all Ready To Start jobs are on top (listed first in the window) and the Waiting To Run jobs are at the bottom. In the middle are the active, running jobs.
You can use the "Status column sorting" in BT settings to order the Status column any way you want, like moving the running tasks to the top.

fred

Quote from: JeffL-NH on August 03, 2011, 07:21:27 PM
It cleans up the tasks display quite a bit. I'm currently displaying the tasks window with a sort on the Status column and a secondary sort on the Time Left column. The effect of this is all Ready To Start jobs are on top (listed first in the window) and the Waiting To Run jobs are at the bottom. In the middle are the active, running jobs.

This is adequate until I start playing with the filters / sorting, which then scrambles everything up again (i.e. makes harder to read).

How about a set of radio buttons under VIEW in the menu bar that allows checking Ready to Start, Running and Waiting to Run. If they're all checked you get the current 'everything display' . Unchecking removes that category of jobs from the display (with all unchecked giving a blank tasks window).

Is that possible?
You know that you can sort on the status column. Extra->BoincTasks Settings->Tasks and adjust the Status column sorting.

I will put it in the context menu - one mouse click away.

JeffL-NH

You know that you can sort on the status column. Extra->BoincTasks Settings->Tasks and adjust the Status column sorting.

I will put it in the context menu - one mouse click away.
[/quote]

Better! Still shows Waiting to Run though... :-)

fred

Quote from: JeffL-NH on August 06, 2011, 03:41:10 AM
Better! Still shows Waiting to Run though... :-)
The "Show active tasks" shows all active tasks, the waiting to run is still active . It works exactly as the button on the BOINC Manager.

JeffL-NH

Ah! I see! Thank you very much!