BT 1.03

Started by Beyond, May 13, 2011, 12:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beyond

Changing the priority in "Expert" doesn't change the priority (according to task manager).  Do I need a different way to see the thread priority?  Task manager always says boinctasks64.exe is at "normal".

fred

Quote from: Beyond on May 13, 2011, 12:23:45 PM
Changing the priority in "Expert" doesn't change the priority (according to task manager).  Do I need a different way to see the thread priority?  Task manager always says boinctasks64.exe is at "normal".
It does, but the manager doesn't show threads. Use a e.g. Priority64.exe

Pepo

Quote from: fred on May 13, 2011, 10:33:43 AM
Add: Debug logging option: snooze.
Where? I was looking around hard, but... ???

[edit]OK, I've found it in BoincTasks\examples\log\log.xml (maybe it now the time to unify it with C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\log\xlog.xml)? They are actually duplicates). The "</snooze>" closing tag is missing a slash and it is being ignored without![/edit]

Quote from: fred on May 13, 2011, 10:33:43 AM
Changed: Icon now blinks orange for Gpu snoozing.
I've started the 1.03 while GPU was snoozed. The icon kept solid white, although the icon's context menu correctly displayed some 1:43:25 snooze countdown.

After a BT restart a half hour later, the context menu (took some 10+ seconds to pop up) correctly displayed a snoozed GPU countdown (1:18:15), but it took the icon an additional 10 seconds to start flashing orange. Now it correctly recognizes the changes (GPU snoozed / resumed) in few seconds.

Let's see in a few days.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on May 13, 2011, 01:43:10 PM
I've started the 1.03 while GPU was snoozed. The icon kept solid white, although the icon's context menu correctly displayed some 1:43:25 snooze countdown.

After a BT restart a half hour later, the context menu (took some 10+ seconds to pop up) correctly displayed a snoozed GPU countdown (1:18:15), but it took the icon an additional 10 seconds to start flashing orange. Now it correctly recognizes the changes (GPU snoozed / resumed) in few seconds.

Let's see in a few days.
There is of course some delay, as a real time check takes up a lot of CPU time.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on May 13, 2011, 02:36:10 PM

After a BT restart a half hour later, the context menu (took some 10+ seconds to pop up) correctly displayed a snoozed GPU countdown (1:18:15), but it took the icon an additional 10 seconds to start flashing orange.
There is of course some delay, as a real time check takes up a lot of CPU time.
Sure, this would be too consuming.

Does BT contain two different triggers for the state? One to display the snooze countdown in tray context menu, another to log and let the icon blink?

According to the log, the <snooze> states' recognition happens approx. "each sometimes" (being either 62 sec, 32 sec or 8 sec). What does this interval depend on?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on May 13, 2011, 02:43:45 PM
Sure, this would be too consuming.

Does BT contain two different triggers for the state? One to display the snooze countdown in tray context menu, another to log and let the icon blink?

According to the log, the <snooze> states' recognition happens approx. "each sometimes" (being either 62 sec, 32 sec or 8 sec). What does this interval depend on?
The blinker is an independent timer, the update is on a regular interval, probably more frequent when BT is shown.
The log is in the refresh callback loop, so at that point the state should change almost immediately..

Pepo

Let's see in a few days.
Some time ago (at least 5-10 minutes, at most 2 hours) the tray icon got out of sync and stays solid orange. Since your last post (when the icon still worked), the GPU was in 3 hours snooze state, 40 seconds enabled, 1 hour snoozed, 3 minutes enabled. The system was sometimes short on memory and constantly paging the last 40 minutes, if it matters (I hope it should not).

The log is still in sync. But there is no info about the icon.
Quote from: fred on May 13, 2011, 02:51:05 PM
The blinker is an independent timer, the update is on a regular interval, probably more frequent when BT is shown.
The log is in the refresh callback loop, so at that point the state should change almost immediately..
Can you occasionally check the timer's state too and add it to the log? I could at least try to correlate any changes to what happened at the time...
Peter

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on May 13, 2011, 07:01:00 PM
Some time ago (at least 5-10 minutes, at most 2 hours) the tray icon got out of sync and stays solid orange. Since your last post (when the icon still worked), the GPU was in 3 hours snooze state, 40 seconds enabled, 1 hour snoozed, 3 minutes enabled. The system was sometimes short on memory and constantly paging the last 40 minutes, if it matters (I hope it should not).
BT was restarted less than 3 hours ago, now again solid orange.
The machine was hibernated for an hour and resumed 15 minutes ago, if it matters.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on May 13, 2011, 09:57:32 PM
Quote from: Pepo on May 13, 2011, 07:01:00 PM
The machine was hibernated for an hour and resumed 15 minutes ago, if it matters.
I can't do anything without a logging.

Corsair

I think I'm doing something wrong with the /location switch.

under the BoinTasks data directory done a folder named Locations

copied the actual computer.xml  one to Home.xml, from the scratch dome the work.xml.

erased the computer.xml, now short-cut to boinctasks with /location home and another with /location work, and the program started with the last location saved in BT, why?? don't know probably I'm doing something wrong.

now I have another problem, the router, this is new because of the exchange of speed in the ISP, don't let forward port or don't know how to do it, but only one computer could be redirected, marvellous.  >:( >:( >:(
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on May 14, 2011, 10:39:42 AM
I think I'm doing something wrong with the /location switch.

under the BoinTasks data directory done a folder named Locations

copied the actual computer.xml  one to Home.xml, from the scratch dome the work.xml.

erased the computer.xml, now short-cut to boinctasks with /location home and another with /location work, and the program started with the last location saved in BT, why?? don't know probably I'm doing something wrong.

now I have another problem, the router, this is new because of the exchange of speed in the ISP, don't let forward port or don't know how to do it, but only one computer could be redirected, marvellous.  >:( >:( >:(
Looks like a bug?  :o

miky

Fixed: Add project, isn't possible when there no projects on any computer.
I have to still select any project from any computer, otherwise add project window do not show up.

fred

Quote from: miky on May 14, 2011, 04:31:55 PM
I have to still select any project from any computer, otherwise add project window do not show up.
Ok, I'll do some more testing on a blank computer.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on May 14, 2011, 05:36:32 AM
Quote from: Pepo on May 13, 2011, 09:57:32 PM
I can't do anything without a logging.
I've uploaded all 1.03 log files to SK lang files upload area.
BTW I'd be interested to know what are you looking for in the logs - I'm not able to see anything suspicious.
Peter

Pepo

Quote from: BoincTasks 1.03Sorry but BoincTasks has crashed.

Dump file:
C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\eFMer\BoincTasks\crash\BoincTasks_103_16-05-2011_06-24.dmp, created successfully

To help us solve this problem, please send the dump file (.dmp) per e-mail.
As the full dump was 165 MB, even compressed 34 MB, I've rather uploaded it - I assume it needs to be deleted soon because of its length.
Peter