BT 0.018

Started by Christoph, September 20, 2009, 01:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christoph

Hello Fred,

I saw you thread over at SETI, so I installed your latest version. I get "Unable to write to xml file" when I try to enter an account key. Also when I connected to localhost and then close the program so that it save the computer I get that message.

When I hit the "Update" button, it tells me, it is unable to connect to the internet. The internet connection is no trouble. The program is not blocked by the Firewall.

Win7 64bit on my Laptop now. AMD Turion64 X2 with 3gig of RAM and ATI Radeon HD2600 (?mobility?)

Christoph

fred

Quote from: Christoph on September 20, 2009, 01:09:41 PM
Hello Fred,

I saw you thread over at SETI, so I installed your latest version. I get "Unable to write to xml file" when I try to enter an account key. Also when I connected to localhost and then close the program so that it save the computer I get that message.

When I hit the "Update" button, it tells me, it is unable to connect to the internet. The internet connection is no trouble. The program is not blocked by the Firewall.

Win7 64bit on my Laptop now. AMD Turion64 X2 with 3gig of RAM and ATI Radeon HD2600 (?mobility?)

Christoph
I will make the location where the XML is written user adjustable.... Maybe it is a Win7 thing and it uses an other default directory then XP and Vista.
Try opening the location C:\Documents and Settings\%user%\Application Data\
Replace %user% with the current user name.
Even though it is an XP location you should be able to see it by copying the entire line at once.
But I will change this in V 19

The Update button is not working yet.....

Christoph

The path is C:\Users\%user%\ and then propably "AppData"

Corsair

Hi Fred,

installed version BT 0.18, looks like that is working fine, one fix seen (cosmetic),
after uploading the result and 100% ready to report, the WU locates itself in first
position bettwen the ready to start and the commenced WU. (no image available
at this time)

another thing from previous versions, when a client run out of work the last WU
remains vissible in BT, but of coure not in BOINC manager.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.