Task's memory requirements column

Started by Pepo, May 27, 2011, 11:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

Sometimes when I work with true memory hog applications (0.4-2.8 GB) and try to (literally) survive on the same computer :)) when there are more of them, I'd appreciate being able to see the tasks' memory requirements as separate column(s) (at least "Virtual memory", possibly also "RAM" - the same values as in the Properties window) directly in the Tasks tab.

I'm also investigating, whether it is possible to find out task's initial estimate on memory requirements, prior to starting it for the first time.
Peter

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on May 27, 2011, 11:00:12 AM
Sometimes when I work with true memory hog applications (0.4-2.8 GB) and try to (literally) survive on the same computer :)) when there are more of them, I'd appreciate being able to see the tasks' memory requirements as separate column(s) (at least "Virtual memory", possibly also "RAM" - the same values as in the Properties window) directly in the Tasks tab.
There is still enough room for new columns in the History files (7 x "-1x" reserved) - could one be promoted into "Peak Virtual memory"?

Off-topic: One column is the tasks' received time. Could it be made available for the History tab, the same way as it is in the Tasks tab? (If someone would not like them, they could still be hidden in Settings with checkboxes, like in Tasks or Projects tabs.)
Peter

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on May 27, 2011, 11:00:12 AM
I'm also investigating, whether it is possible to find out task's initial estimate on memory requirements, prior to starting it for the first time.
As a first approx. estimate: "<rsc_memory_bound>" - if it gets through the RPCs.
Peter