News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Testing Version 4.10

Started by fred, May 28, 2011, 08:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

This version is compatible from XP->Win7.

Change: Vista and up: The throttling regulator is now in the driver. This should eliminated all access problems for throttling.
Fixed: Double temperature numbers and sometimes the wrong color in the graphs.
Fixed: When the font is set to more than 100% the program list box is smaller than normal.
Fixed: (Intel) A read to the CPU to determine the TJunction temperature, caused the driver to crash on older cpu's.
Continued: Now only Family 0x6, Model: 0x1A, 0x1E, 0x1F, 0x25, 0x2C, 0x2E, 0x2A, 0x2D perform a read. If you know any others that are missing, please let me know.

Corsair

In XP, but laptop is being throttled and maintained in the limits:

Quote28 May 2011 - 17:03:23 Controlador instalado correctamente.
Versión Controlador: 2.2
28 May 2011 - 17:03:23 Dispositivo regulador: no soportado

Versión del Programa: 4.10 32Bit
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on May 28, 2011, 09:05:39 PM
In XP, but laptop is being throttled and maintained in the limits:
That's correct the driver is used Vista and up.
In XP there wasn't any regulation problem.

Pepo

Win7 x64, TTh runs as admin, BOINC 6.12.28 + BT 1.03 as a plain user.

Throttling seems to work correctly, both TTh and BT display correct throttling levels, but both of them display graphs with GPU throttling as a straight line, positioned at 50.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on May 29, 2011, 08:17:52 PM
Win7 x64, TTh runs as admin, BOINC 6.12.28 + BT 1.03 as a plain user.
Throttling seems to work correctly, both TTh and BT display correct throttling levels, but both of them display graphs with GPU throttling as a straight line, positioned at 50.
Seems the throttling problem in Win7 is finally solved.
I noted the bug. :o

Pepo

Quote from: fred on May 30, 2011, 07:02:39 AM
Quote from: Pepo on May 29, 2011, 08:17:52 PM
... both TTh and BT [...] display graphs with GPU throttling as a straight line, positioned at 50.
I noted the bug. :o
Actually, on other machine, I can see this is/was already happening with 3.60!
Peter

Beyond

Just ran into a problem on 1 machine (Win7-64, AMD Phenom 1055, ATI 5850, NVidia GTX 460) where PrimeGrid was being throttled to 10% GPU usage with 4.10 (temp at 59C, throttle temp set to 73C).  There was no indication that TThrottle was doing the throttling but when exiting TT the NVidia GPU would immediately jump to 99%.  Completely uninstalled 4.10 and reinstalled 3.60 and things are running fine at 99% GPU again.

fred

Quote from: Beyond on June 10, 2011, 03:30:35 PM
Just ran into a problem on 1 machine (Win7-64, AMD Phenom 1055, ATI 5850, NVidia GTX 460) where PrimeGrid was being throttled to 10% GPU usage with 4.10 (temp at 59C, throttle temp set to 73C).  There was no indication that TThrottle was doing the throttling but when exiting TT the NVidia GPU would immediately jump to 99%.  Completely uninstalled 4.10 and reinstalled 3.60 and things are running fine at 99% GPU again.
There seems to be a problem on some computers, probably only with multiple GPU's.
I already build in some diagnostics in V 4.20 to see what's the cause. I have one computer that runs 9 GPU tasks at once, that throttles some tasks, even when it shows 100%.
Are you running multiple tasks / GPU or just one / GPU.

Beyond

Quote from: fred on June 10, 2011, 04:19:24 PM
Quote from: Beyond on June 10, 2011, 03:30:35 PM
There seems to be a problem on some computers, probably only with multiple GPU's.
I already build in some diagnostics in V 4.20 to see what's the cause. I have one computer that runs 9 GPU tasks at once, that throttles some tasks, even when it shows 100%.  Are you running multiple tasks / GPU or just one / GPU.
On that machine it's sometimes running 2 instances of MW/GPU on the ATI.  The one that's throttling is the NVidia which always runs 1 WU/GPU.

Just checked my other machines with 4.10.  All but one were throttling the GPU to some extent.  Not as bad as the one above, but generally at the start of the WU for a short period.  Reverting to 3.60 fixed them all (4.10 should be completely uninstalled and THEN install 3.60).  None of the machines that were still on 3.60 had this problem.

As long as we're on the subject of TT installs, would it be possible to have an express install option?  Installing TT on many clients is tedious (especially via VNC) with 12 clicks per client.  Not a problem with BT as there are far fewer installs.  Could the WWW option at the end of the install also be unselected by default?

fred

Quote from: Beyond on June 10, 2011, 04:51:29 PM
As long as we're on the subject of TT installs, would it be possible to have an express install option?  Installing TT on many clients is tedious (especially via VNC) with 12 clicks per client.  Not a problem with BT as there are far fewer installs.  Could the WWW option at the end of the install also be unselected by default?
Like this?

fred

Quote from: Beyond on June 10, 2011, 04:51:29 PM
Just checked my other machines with 4.10.  All but one were throttling the GPU to some extent.  Not as bad as the one above, but generally at the start of the WU for a short period.  Reverting to 3.60 fixed them all (4.10 should be completely uninstalled and THEN install 3.60).  None of the machines that were still on 3.60 had this problem.
The installer hates to install old files over new. So you could delete the exe, dll's and sys file and then install the old version.
In this case it's best to run the uninstaller first.