BT 1.04

Started by Pepo, May 30, 2011, 04:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirk

Quote from: fred on June 06, 2011, 04:09:12 PM
Quote from: Sutaru Tsureku on June 06, 2011, 01:46:24 PM
If I start BT and start the client, I can't enable computation/network.
I need to do then exit of BT, restart BT and then the menu is available and I can enable again the computation/network.
It may take some time before the menu is available. Initially it's grayed out and becomes active after communicating with the client.

I tested it again.. I start BT, connect to the client..
It looks like it last ~ 2 mins until the menu is clickable.
It's possible to speed up this?

BTW.
Maybe it's possible that you could add a feature, that in the 'Stderr output' at S@h we could see that we use your nice BT? Advertisement for your nice software! ;)

Maybe something like:
<core_client_version>6.12.28</core_client_version>
<core_manager>boinctasks V1.04 by eFMer</core_manager>
<![CDATA[
<stderr_txt>
Windows optimized S@H Enhanced application by Alex Kan
Version info: ...
(...)
(aka Sutaru Tsureku)

Best regards! :-)

fred

Quote from: Sutaru Tsureku on June 09, 2011, 02:32:28 PM
It may take some time before the menu is available. Initially it's grayed out and becomes active after communicating with the client.
I will take a look why this takes so long, should be better than 2 minutes.

But to be sure this is the localhost were are talking about.
And this happens when you startup BT when the client is already running or when BT is starting up the client (so at login).

Anyway you have to wait, for all computers to report is, so when one of them is a bit slow.
Using the Priority program will certainly make the the response longer.

Dirk

Yes, it's the localhost.

After a reboot of the PC.
I start BT, connect to the localhost client.. ~ 2 mins until the menu is clickable.

Currently I can't/don't use the remote function (only one machine running currently).

Your Priority tool shouldn't disturb, because no CUDA app running - until the menu is clickable.
(aka Sutaru Tsureku)

fred

Quote from: Sutaru Tsureku on June 09, 2011, 02:49:40 PM
Yes, it's the localhost.

I start BT, connect to the localhost client.. ~ 2 mins until the menu is clickable.
Ok I've seen this before, I will add it to the bug list.
But what happens, BT starts first, than the client starts (this may take some time) and it may take a while before the client reports back everything.

fred

Can you try File->Exit and than start BT again and see if it happens, probably not.

Dirk

Quote from: fred on June 09, 2011, 02:54:09 PM
Yes, it's the localhost.

Ok I've seen this before, I will add it to the bug list.
But what happens, BT starts first, than the client starts (this may take some time) and it may take a while before the client reports back everything.
From my experiences..
Reboot of PC. I start BT, connect to the client, after a few seconds I see the messages of the client in BT/Messages.
Then it last ~ 2 mins until the menu is clickable.

Quote from: fred on June 09, 2011, 03:00:53 PM
Can you try File->Exit and than start BT again and see if it happens, probably not.
I had all running. Computation/network set to never. Exit BT. (In Windows Task-Manager boinc.exe was shown). BT start and menu immediately clickable.
(aka Sutaru Tsureku)

Dirk

O.K. ..

Reboot of the PC.
Start of BT 1.06 .
Connect to localhosts client (DEV-V6.12.28).
I click to all tabs - computer/projects/tasks/transfers/messages/process/notes.
The menu (computation/network) isn't grayed out, I can choose then both 'always'.
My currently going round. ;) So I don't need to wait ~ 2 mins.

Maybe a hint for to debug?
(aka Sutaru Tsureku)