BT 1.08

Started by Pepo, June 17, 2011, 03:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

Quote from: fred on June 17, 2011, 10:36:55 AM
The sorting wasn't done on group.

Sorting should be fixed, now on group (from server, client, BoincTasks, TThrottle), project, created time.
You can collapse read messages, or delete them to clear up the long list.
Even with 1.08, the notices are still not thoroughly sorted according to any apparent key:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  05.06.11 17:50  DNETC@HOME: Summer heat up - challenge   viac...     
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  03.06.11 20:12  DNETC@HOME: Project maintenance   viac...     
  01.06.11 14:16  PrimeGrid: Mega Prime found for The Riesel Problem (Déjà vu Déjà vu)   viac...     
  29.05.11 15:18  PrimeGrid: Mega Prime found for The Riesel Problem   viac...     
  28.05.11 15:30  SETI@home: storage service is back up   viac...     
  27.05.11 20:48  SETI@home: More problems with workunit storage server...   viac...     
  21.05.11 00:49  AQUA@home: A new test application   viac...     
  20.05.11 21:45  AQUA@home: Please consider upgrading your BOINC client   viac...     
  25.05.11 18:50  SETI@home: Change of management at Arecibo.   viac...     
  18.05.11 18:12  World Community Grid: Nutritious Rice for the World project publishes paper   viac...     
  13.06.11 04:03  PrimeGrid: World Record Factorial Prime   viac...     
  15.06.11 17:48  AQUA@home: Oznam od servera     
  16.06.11 02:30  Milkyway@home: Oznam od servera     
  17.06.11 13:50  ibercivis: Oznam od servera     
  15.06.11 17:47  Oznam od BOINC   viac...   
  16.06.11 03:01  SETI@home: New posts in subscribed thread   viac...     
  14.06.11 15:14  SETI@home: New posts in subscribed thread   viac...     
  14.06.11 22:10  World Community Grid: Computing for Clean Water project publishes paper   viac...     
Peter

Pepo

My BT 1.08 crashed (possibly twice?) on my first click on the systray icon.
I've uploaded one WER minidump and two BT-generated crash dumps - free to cleanup after investigations.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on June 17, 2011, 03:50:33 PM

Even with 1.08, the notices are still not thoroughly sorted according to any apparent key:
Ok I've see enough. :o More testing is needed and more notices.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on June 17, 2011, 04:07:43 PM
Quote from: Pepo on June 17, 2011, 03:50:33 PM

Ok I've see enough. :o More testing is needed and more notices.
Would it be possible if the user could choose (BT Settings / Notices) his/her preferred way of sorting ("group, project, creation time", "arrival time, creation time", etc.)?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on June 17, 2011, 05:26:16 PM
Would it be possible if the user could choose (BT Settings / Notices) his/her preferred way of sorting ("group, project, creation time", "arrival time, creation time", etc.)?
Keep it simple? :o OK will do.

Beyond

Does anyone else even care about notices?

fred

Quote from: Beyond on June 17, 2011, 10:31:03 PM
Does anyone else even care about notices?
If it works good, maybe more.
With the new BT features to collapse and delete notices it's more usable.

fred

Quote from: Pepo on June 17, 2011, 03:54:53 PM
My BT 1.08 crashed (possibly twice?) on my first click on the systray icon.
I've uploaded one WER minidump and two BT-generated crash dumps - free to cleanup after investigations.
Again at the same point. :o
This happens, directly after you start up BT?

dskrbt

Couple of crashes.  Here is both dumps and some log files.
http://db.tt/tlzfn4e is a link to public folder on my drop box. (first time trying this,  Ping me if its broken)
Cheers DskRbt
Boincstats User dskrbt
Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA

fred

Quote from: dskrbt on June 18, 2011, 08:38:12 AM
Couple of crashes.  Here is both dumps and some log files.
http://db.tt/tlzfn4e is a link to public folder on my drop box. (first time trying this,  Ping me if its broken)
Cheers DskRbt
Got it.
The crash is in the report of a new TThrottle version.
Is BoincTasks starting at all, or crashing here after about a minute? Every time?

dskrbt

It started both times. Then i went looking through the tabs one by one for visual differences got to the notices tab then. phfffit . restart, same process, notices then phfffit. rolled back to 1.0.7
Cheers
DskRbt
Boincstats User dskrbt
Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA

fred

Quote from: dskrbt on June 18, 2011, 09:11:46 AM
It started both times. Then i went looking through the tabs one by one for visual differences got to the notices tab then. phfffit . restart, same process, notices then phfffit. rolled back to 1.0.7
Cheers
DskRbt
You could go to the update menu and disable the automatic new version check. This should take care of the bug.
How many computers are you connected to?
Do you have TThrottle running on any of them?

dskrbt

ok will go to 1.0.8 and disable automatic check.
just one computer, yep tthrottle 4.10.

UPDATE: 1.0.8 disabled automatic check.  went through all tabs clicking like a mad man, no crash.
Boincstats User dskrbt
Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA

fred

Quote from: dskrbt on June 18, 2011, 09:21:22 AM
ok will go to 1.0.8 and disable automatic check.
just one computer, yep tthrottle 4.10.
Thanks, I just found the problem, stupid copy and paste, forgot to change something bug :o.

dskrbt

whoops, got another one. don't know what it was from. came back home and there it was. error msg.
put it in the same place
name stamp
BoincTasks_108_18-06-2011_14-44.dmp
cheers
DskRbt
Boincstats User dskrbt
Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA