Notices from multiple clients

Started by fred, August 11, 2011, 02:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

Quote from: Pepo on August 11, 2011, 02:17:19 PM
I admit I'm a bit late with updates, nevertheless... I believe the problem is up to date:

BT connected to two machines displays a joint Notices tab. A bunch of complaints appeared there saying that a few projects (actually all of them - there were no tasks on one machine) have had not enough disk space to allow downloading. However there was no hint about which machine's client is complaining :P

Any idea how to find out (except maybe checking each machine in the computer selection siderbar)? (Especially if someone's BT is connected to a lot of clients)?
I could add the computer name, if it's a Notice from BOINC.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on August 11, 2011, 02:24:58 PM
Quote from: Pepo on August 11, 2011, 02:17:19 PM
BT 1.11 connected to two machines displays a joint Notices tab. A bunch of complaints appeared there saying that a few projects (actually all of them - there were no tasks on one machine) have had not enough disk space to allow downloading. However there was no hint about which machine's client is complaining :P

Any idea how to find out?
I could add the computer name, if it's a Notice from BOINC.
Actually these were complaints from the single projects the client was attached to.

I'm thinking of some more personalizing using the templates... There is a 'macro' "__InsertComputer__", but I guess it is expanded to the list of all attached computers. Could you maybe introduce also something like "__InsertAllComputers__"? It could be used in the initial block and the single computer's name optionally somewhere in front of or behind the single notice, with smaller letters.

If I'm right, there are a few notice categories:

• BT's and TTh's hint on newer version being available,
  • Projects' newsfeeds, info on PMs and new forum messages,
  • Projects' messages about problem with particular client,
  • Clients' messages about invalid config files, network problems, etc.
    (Have I missed some?)

The first one might contain info about which machines are not up-to-date (say 3 of my 7 machines do not have a recent version), instead of displaying it separately for each machine, but would such 'local list' be doable with some (local) macro?
The second one would probably be identical from each client, attached to particulat project.
The third and fourth are probably always bound to particular client and would be hard to group, this means, could always have one client machine name attached.

Ideas?
Peter

fred

I keep it simple for now:
Added a __InsertNoticeComputers__

I inserted it into the expanded template, like:

12-08-2011 11:44  Computer1, Computer2

For every notice.

Pepo

OK, this might be really helpful. Thanks.
Peter