BT 1.23

Started by coolstream, October 07, 2011, 09:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolstream

Installed and running. The crash of 1.22 appears to have been resolved.

Note to other users: initially on starting the process, BT appears to hang but opens up within 60 seconds.

Thanks for the quick fix, fred.

fred

Quote from: coolstream on October 07, 2011, 09:03:01 PM
Note to other users: initially on starting the process, BT appears to hang but opens up within 60 seconds.
That's because V1.23 cleans up the log folder.

fred

I picked up another bug, that crashes BT, if the long term history reaches the deletion time.

Workaround

1) Make sure the "remove history after" is set high enough not to delete anything from long term history.
2) Remove the check at "Move to long term history after"

In case of problems:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eFMer\BoincTasks\settings history_remove_days , change the value to current value +14

idahofisherman

I had trouble after installing 1.23 using the standard download and install mechinisms. It continuously crashed.  I had to delete the current BT 1.23 use the mircosoft function of add/remove programs.  Then deleted all the folders in efmer folder, but left the preferences files untouched.  Then I downloaded 1.23 again and installed it, now everything works fine.

fred

Quote from: idahofisherman on October 09, 2011, 05:45:48 AM
I had trouble after installing 1.23 using the standard download and install mechinisms. It continuously crashed.  I had to delete the current BT 1.23 use the mircosoft function of add/remove programs.  Then deleted all the folders in efmer folder, but left the preferences files untouched.  Then I downloaded 1.23 again and installed it, now everything works fine.
Next time please give me the crash files, so I can fix things.

fred

BT 1.23 is withdrawn, it can cause repeated crashes, please go back to V 1.21.

Or:

1) Make sure the "remove history after" is set high enough not to delete anything from long term history.
2) Remove the check at "Move to long term history after"

In case of problems:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eFMer\BoincTasks\settings history_remove_days , change the value to current value +14

Pepo

Quote from: fred on October 11, 2011, 06:04:23 AM
I wanted to "be smart"  8) and try to convince BT to keep more than my 365 days, so took a look at HKCU\Software\eFMer\BoincTasks\settings - but history_remove_days does not seem to be the final value, just an index to table, which contents corresponds with the days selector in the dialog - values 31-33 are apparently interpreted as 60, 120 and 365 days respectively. Debugging question: How would BT behave, if I'd change the key's value to 33+14=47? Crop back to 33, or use the value from 47th index? (I did not try.)
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on October 11, 2011, 09:36:22 AM
Debugging question: How would BT behave, if I'd change the key's value to 33+14=47? Crop back to 33, or use the value from 47th index? (I did not try.)
Any value above 33 = 33 = 365 days.