BT 1.18

Started by Corsair, August 25, 2011, 06:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

looks like that "BoincTasks Preferences" the option for decimal and thousand separator is not held when restarted BT.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

Tom

When i restart, the CPU % in Boinc Preferences is always changed back to 100%.

fred

Quote from: Tom on August 27, 2011, 03:06:22 AM
Tell me where.
BOINC Setting: Tab (Processor, Network, Disk) , field with the exact name.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on August 25, 2011, 06:54:26 PM
looks like that "BoincTasks Preferences" the option for decimal and thousand separator is not held when restarted BT.
I can't reproduce that.
There are 3 settings:

1) Blank, use system settings.
2) . Fill in only on character for the comma.
3) .' Fill in both.

Maybe this, when the characters you put in are an exact match with the system characters, the field is cleared.

Tom

Quote from: fred on August 27, 2011, 12:34:45 PM
Quote from: Tom on August 27, 2011, 03:06:22 AM
Tell me where.
BOINC Setting: Tab (Processor, Network, Disk) , field with the exact name.
BOINC Settings:Processor, Other options, On multiprocessor systems, use at most 100.00 % of the processors

fred

Quote from: Tom on August 27, 2011, 03:42:03 PM
BOINC Settings:Processor, Other options, On multiprocessor systems, use at most 100.00 % of the processors
I don't think it's a BT thing, everything is send to the BOINC client that will store the data.
So maybe there is something that overrides things at startup, in the BOINC client files.

C:\ProgramData\BOINC\global_prefs_override.xml is where the data is stored.

Look for this line. When you see 50 its OK

<max_ncpus_pct>50.000000</max_ncpus_pct>

http://boincfaq.mundayweb.com/index.php?view=92

thebestjaspreet

Hi Fred

I am using this program for a while and comes up with various version very fast with new features.However,with due respect I will like to submit that the program should be thoroughly checked from basics as there are many bugs getting into this are not even get noticed very often.
1.When I right click and select any webpage to open projects,tasks,history etc as well as when going BTasks help and clicking on forum page or Boinc website to opeen,the internet explorer gets launched after a very long delay,however when I launch through windows media player help meu it gets up very fast.In earlier versions of Btasks I never noted such delay.

2.There is no provision I can find in colours options enabling me to change the colour for missed tasks in History tab.

3.Also ,in the baloon over the taskbar icon it does not update the number of tasks runnuing .i.e. if I started with 25% CPU (2 Cores) and then later changed to75% CPU (6Cores) it will still show 2 tasks running in the baloon over taskbar icon.
4.I could not find the use of tasks and tasks/week/day columns.
5.There is no way to limit the number of messages other than to restart the program.
6.The text in the log rules seems a typo mistake as it shows "not active" which I believe should be now active.
7.I will appreciate if we can find a better way other than ticking on start silently on crash as One day I noticed that in the crash folder there were more than 10 files of total size bigger than 2gb of various crash dumps and there is no way to send them to Boinc tasks as attachment to messages are generally not that large.

Hope you can look into these soon and the new versions will be free from these bugs.
"I always win law permanently"

fred

Quote from: thebestjaspreet on August 28, 2011, 03:21:14 AM
Hi Fred

I am using this program for a while and comes up with various version very fast with new features.However,with due respect I will like to submit that the program should be thoroughly checked from basics as there are many bugs getting into this are not even get noticed very often.
1.When I right click and select any webpage to open projects,tasks,history etc as well as when going BTasks help and clicking on forum page or Boinc website to opeen,the internet explorer gets launched after a very long delay,however when I launch through windows media player help meu it gets up very fast.In earlier versions of Btasks I never noted such delay.

2.There is no provision I can find in colours options enabling me to change the colour for missed tasks in History tab.

3.Also ,in the baloon over the taskbar icon it does not update the number of tasks runnuing .i.e. if I started with 25% CPU (2 Cores) and then later changed to75% CPU (6Cores) it will still show 2 tasks running in the baloon over taskbar icon.
4.I could not find the use of tasks and tasks/week/day columns.
5.There is no way to limit the number of messages other than to restart the program.
6.The text in the log rules seems a typo mistake as it shows "not active" which I believe should be now active.
7.I will appreciate if we can find a better way other than ticking on start silently on crash as One day I noticed that in the crash folder there were more than 10 files of total size bigger than 2gb of various crash dumps and there is no way to send them to Boinc tasks as attachment to messages are generally not that large.

Hope you can look into these soon and the new versions will be free from these bugs.
First of all I try to remove more known bugs that I add new features.
And a lot of bugs never show up on any of my own computers. Or it is a feature I almost never use. So I depend on others to report them.

1) That part of the program hasn't changed in a long long time. This sort of behavior is typically computer related.
I tested it with Chrome (my own setting), Firefox and IE.
2) Added to the list.
3) On the bug list.
4) A recent request,  Day = total number of tasks you got in the the last 24 hours.  Week = same but in a week the second number is week/7 .
5) Added to the list, but most of us want to see all messages. The overhead / memory is pretty low.
6) The text not active is added when the rule is not longer active. So a rule is triggered, but after a time the trigger is gone and the rule is removed from the active list.
7) The crash files are automatically removed, so no need to remove them manually. But they shouldn't be there in the first place. There is no way to auto upload them, because there are too many folks out there that have bad intentions.
The only way to send them to me is by using dopbox or some relate program. http://www.efmer.eu/forum_tt/index.php?topic=338.0

thebestjaspreet

Quote from: fred on August 28, 2011, 09:43:30 AM
First of all I try to remove more known bugs that I add new features.
And a lot of bugs never show up on any of my own computers. Or it is a feature I almost never use. So I depend on others to report them.

1) That part of the program hasn't changed in a long long time. This sort of behavior is typically computer related.
I tested it with Chrome (my own setting), Firefox and IE.
2) Added to the list.
3) On the bug list.
4) A recent request,  Day = total number of tasks you got in the the last 24 hours.  Week = same but in a week the second number is week/7 .
5) Added to the list, but most of us want to see all messages. The overhead / memory is pretty low.
6) The text not active is added when the rule is not longer active. So a rule is triggered, but after a time the trigger is gone and the rule is removed from the active list.
7) The crash files are automatically removed, so no need to remove them manually. But they shouldn't be there in the first place. There is no way to auto upload them, because there are too many folks out there that have bad intentions.
The only way to send them to me is by using dopbox or some relate program. http://www.efmer.eu/forum_tt/index.php?topic=338.0
Thanks for your prompt reply.
4)Should it not be per project than the computer ?
5)We can have the provision to group messages older than 24/48 hours etc.Same kind of grouping can also be applied for history as with project having smaller WUs it is very long to scroll.
8.Also the tab function is not working in correct order in Extra-Boinc Preference-Network as after download and upload rate it skips the transfer cap and number of days and goes directly to connect every ...days.

9.Shall appreciate if we can have a shortcut to report tasks immediately feature on/off as sometimes it is required.
10. There is no way to adjust GPU debt and tell boinc not to check tasks for gpu/cpu from a particular project as it keeps checking gpu tasks from non gpu project which I feel is a waste of resources and adding additional load on server and computer.
11.I do not feel comfortable whether it is respecting the checkpoint warning settings with respect to write to disk every .....seconds. as I do see checkpoint warnings colour change even after 2 minutes whereas settings are for 999 seconds.
12.On the compures tab there is a setting for wanted tasks for no. of days work and no. of tasks but I couldnot figure out whether it is per computer or per project or which one will take precedence i.e. days or no. of tasks.
13.Also there is no provision for computer tab column settings as many people may not be using port or tt throttle.

fred

Quote from: thebestjaspreet on August 28, 2011, 03:27:25 PM
Thanks for your prompt reply.
4)Should it not be per project than the computer ?
5)We can have the provision to group messages older than 24/48 hours etc.Same kind of grouping can also be applied for history as with project having smaller WUs it is very long to scroll.
8.Also the tab function is not working in correct order in Extra-Boinc Preference-Network as after download and upload rate it skips the transfer cap and number of days and goes directly to connect every ...days.

9.Shall appreciate if we can have a shortcut to report tasks immediately feature on/off as sometimes it is required.
10. There is no way to adjust GPU debt and tell boinc not to check tasks for gpu/cpu from a particular project as it keeps checking gpu tasks from non gpu project which I feel is a waste of resources and adding additional load on server and computer.
11.I do not feel comfortable whether it is respecting the checkpoint warning settings with respect to write to disk every .....seconds. as I do see checkpoint warnings colour change even after 2 minutes whereas settings are for 999 seconds.
12.On the compures tab there is a setting for wanted tasks for no. of days work and no. of tasks but I couldnot figure out whether it is per computer or per project or which one will take precedence i.e. days or no. of tasks.
13.Also there is no provision for computer tab column settings as many people may not be using port or tt throttle.
4) You have a point there, it should be, I will check this.
5) This is too specific. I will add an option to show only a certain amount of lines. History is already on the list, some kind of long term history.
8) I corrected all of them. As I don't use tabs a lot, I tend to forget them.
9) That's very specific to your needs, this feature does mess up the history. But I will see what I can do.
10) Debt is an passed station, the new V 7 doesn't use debt any longer. And this are request you address to the BOINC development team. Or request the project to add the option to choose only GPU or CPU work for a project
11) The checkpoint value is at least every...  This doesn't mean project can't checkpoint sooner, you should request on the project forum.
12) It is per computer for all projects, it adjust the "Additional work buffer", day should be your best guess for the amount of max work you want.
13) Simply adjust the width of the column you don't need to 0 and it's gone.

thebestjaspreet

Quote from: fred on August 29, 2011, 07:59:05 AM
4) You have a point there, it should be, I will check this.
5) This is too specific. I will add an option to show only a certain amount of lines. History is already on the list, some kind of long term history.
8) I corrected all of them. As I don't use tabs a lot, I tend to forget them.
9) That's very specific to your needs, this feature does mess up the history. But I will see what I can do.
10) Debt is an passed station, the new V 7 doesn't use debt any longer. And this are request you address to the BOINC development team. Or request the project to add the option to choose only GPU or CPU work for a project
11) The checkpoint value is at least every...  This doesn't mean project can't checkpoint sooner, you should request on the project forum.
12) It is per computer for all projects, it adjust the "Additional work buffer", day should be your best guess for the amount of max work you want.
13) Simply adjust the width of the column you don't need to 0 and it's gone.
11)I understand that but BT should not show a checkpoint warning colour change before write to disk every.......seconds time have passed after last checkpoint.I have setting write to disk every 999 seconds but I see checkpoint warning colour change sometimes even after 5 seconds of last checkpoint.

fred

Quote from: thebestjaspreet on August 30, 2011, 01:52:08 AM
11)I understand that but BT should not show a checkpoint warning colour change before write to disk every.......seconds time have passed after last checkpoint.I have setting write to disk every 999 seconds but I see checkpoint warning colour change sometimes even after 5 seconds of last checkpoint.
Please read this: http://www.efmer.eu/forum_tt/index.php?topic=503.0

Tex1954

Hmm, found something new with 1.16-1.18...

Extra/BOINC Preference/Processor tab:

In the "Other options" area, the "Switch between applications every _______  minutes" text window.

I used to be able to set 99999 and now if I set above 999.0, I get "9'999.00" displayed on re-entry. Exit/re-enter again, I get 9.

Looks like it doesn't like anything above 999 anymore.

:)

Tex1954

fred

Quote from: Tex1954 on September 01, 2011, 09:57:27 PM
Hmm, found something new with 1.16-1.18...
Should be fixed in 1.19, but keep an eye on the problem.