Testing Webserver

Started by coolstream, August 29, 2011, 03:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolstream

I took a look at this for the first time today from another machine and the only problem I have is that the process is taking 100% of a core which seems a high price to pay just to be able to view info from an external device. I also noted that with Webserver enabled, BT itself becomes very sluggish when making any selections, e.g. tab change or making a change in | Extra | BoincTasks settings |

An additional observation:
Whilst viewing the info on an IE8 device, it was impossible to scroll down the page because the view was permanently being refreshed (setting is the default 3600).

As yet, I have, therefore, not tested the webserver on a mobile device.

fred

Quote from: coolstream on August 29, 2011, 03:32:59 PM
I took a look at this for the first time today from another machine and the only problem I have is that the process is taking 100% of a core which seems a high price to pay just to be able to view info from an external device. I also noted that with Webserver enabled, BT itself becomes very sluggish when making any selections, e.g. tab change or making a change in | Extra | BoincTasks settings |
There are 2 different modes, don't use them at the same time.
http://www.efmer.eu/forum_tt/index.php?board=27.0
So what do you use? Please read the post / manual above.

coolstream

I'm sure I will kick myself when I get the answer, but I cannot find anything about webserver apart from your initial post  :-\

fred

Quote from: coolstream on August 30, 2011, 10:59:51 AM
I'm sure I will kick myself when I get the answer, but I cannot find anything about webserver apart from your initial post  :-\
Did you read the 2 topics.
So what do you use? "Enable Webserver on port" or "Enable WWW update".

coolstream

Apologies for the delay in replying. I had previously enabled BOTH.

So now I have 'Enable Webserver on port:' set to the default 38000 and 'Enable WWW update' DISABLED. It's here that I have to apolgise to you. For some reason on the machine that I did the test with, IE8 is the only instance in which I cannot effectively scroll down the page because of constant refreshing.

All other machines are not giving me the problem, so once again, please accept my apologies.