Why does "Elapsed Time" change after a reboot?

Started by JStateson, February 03, 2012, 02:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JStateson

In debugging a problem with the GPUGRID project, I rebooted a boinc 24/7 system and the elapsed time decreased by 1/2 as shown.

before rebooting as suggested from this thread.

after the reboot ---

It seems I had a stuck task and attempted to reboot to clear it.  Why did the elapsed time go from 2d6h to only 12h.  I am using boinc 7.03, maybe that is the problem?

fred

Quote from: BeemerBiker on February 03, 2012, 02:52:54 PM
It seems I had a stuck task and attempted to reboot to clear it.  Why did the elapsed time go from 2d6h to only 12h.  I am using boinc 7.03, maybe that is the problem?
Probably the Duration Correction Factor.
Look at Project (tab) -> Properties (right mouse).

It's normally around 1.0

And 7.03 may help as well. :-X

Pepo

Quote from: BeemerBiker on February 03, 2012, 02:52:54 PM
In debugging a problem with the GPUGRID project, I rebooted a boinc 24/7 system and the elapsed time decreased by 1/2 as shown.
[...]
In such cases (when you suspect a task got stuck) you should also take a look at the Tasks' checkpoint column. It is possible, that the tasks did not checkpoint for the most of the missing time and it just reverted to the last known stored checkpoint data after rebooting.
Peter