Remote PCs 'Not connected'

Started by yoro42, September 09, 2011, 05:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoro42

I have been away from this project for sometime but now I have another W7 PC on my network to monitor. It occurred to  me today that BoincTasks should only
be installed on the Localhost system that runs BoincTasks and NOT on the systems designated BOINC Client.  If that is the case what is the best way to remove BoincTasks from the systems I want to monitor?  I expect the answer is to use Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features\Uninstall program but I've been burned before in making assumptions. I r3ally look forward to getting this to work.  Thanks.

Pepo

You can run as many BoincTasks on your network as you wish, they should not collide - I'm occasionally running three, often different version, when the updates come frequently...

As for the uninstall... I've actually no recommendations, not tried yet :-[ Uninstall, as you assumed? ;)
Peter

fred

Quote from: yoro42 on February 28, 2012, 05:59:30 PM
If that is the case what is the best way to remove BoincTasks from the systems I want to monitor?  I expect the answer is to use Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features\Uninstall program but I've been burned before in making assumptions.
BoincTasks can be removed that way, no problem.
But as Pepo stated, you can run BT on more than one machine without any problem.

fred

Quote from: Pepo on February 29, 2012, 12:18:59 AM
Come frequently...
As you can see me with a hiking hat... I'm not very active for some time.

yoro42

Thank you for your replies.  I went ahead and removed the software from all but one, updated the values of gui_rpc_auth and remote hosts, adjusted the firewall and my new system is connected and working. I only need to monitor from one PC but its good to know that BT will work on the others as well.  Thanks again Pepo & Fred.

Pepo

Peter