News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Testing Version 5.40

Started by fred, October 25, 2011, 09:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

Quote from: fred on October 28, 2011, 04:34:23 PM
Do you have a project with only troublesome child processes, for testing, so I can see what's going on.
For a couple of days, I'll not have that particular machine in hand, and I only have SETI + nCi's on this computer. But from what I've seen, any project using wrapper+worker processes should cause TTh to generate these handles. Let me try here to attach to, say, PrimeGrid and WorldCommunityGrid's DSFL...

...I'm failing to attach WCG and PPS is giving me just non-wrapper tasks :-( CPDN stuff is too heavy just to try out, so let's find Enigma...
OK, I've set PrimeGrid prefs to send only Cullen Prime Search (LLR) tasks and got one. What does TTh say to the situation? Yup:
QuoteXXX: 0 (0%) - PID:14248 (3)   Slot:5   http://www.primegrid.com/   pps_llr_104435382
CPU:1, GPU:0, PID:16312 (1)   Child:   primegrid_cllr.exe
and already three "primegrid_cllr.exe(16312)" Process handles got added to the list. Precisely, they are again appearing with the list update rate.

The mentioned WCG DSFL tasks might be interesting (from testing point of view), because its worker child seems to be restarted after each checkpoint. But I think that it does not matter for the primary goal - why does TThrottle accumulate handles for any wrapper's child processes?
Peter

fred

OK I found the handle, for some testing reason I // commented the close handle out. ???
I will do some more testing and release V 5.41

Pepo

Quote from: fred on October 29, 2011, 09:51:32 AM
OK I found the handle, for some testing reason I // commented the close handle out. ???
Peter