1.27.still looping and using most of the CPU (98%)

Started by idahofisherman, November 14, 2011, 04:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

Beyond

If you haven't tried this yet, I'd suggest:

Disable long term history and then delete all the long term history files from your history and history/backup folders.  Restart BT.

fred

Quote from: Beyond on November 20, 2011, 04:15:07 PM
If you haven't tried this yet, I'd suggest:

Disable long term history and then delete all the long term history files from your history and history/backup folders.  Restart BT.
The error is from the BOINC client not from BT, so no need to delete history files.

idahofisherman

I am convienced that BT is the problem as I ran THe client with out BT for approximately 20 hours and no problem with client disappearing or looping.   Have now activated BT again and we shall see what happens.

idahofisherman

BT is back to its looping and making the client disappear.

fred

Quote from: idahofisherman on November 21, 2011, 12:44:22 AM
A client that disappears is always a client problem.
And locking a file is not something BT does.

Beyond

Quote from: fred on November 21, 2011, 08:12:16 AM
Quote from: idahofisherman on November 21, 2011, 12:44:22 AM
A client that disappears is always a client problem.
And locking a file is not something BT does.
I have 2 scenarios when clients show as unconnected: the first is when a machine becomes slow due to a heavy load or an app that hogs the processor.  The second is when machines are connected via wireless connections that don't have the best signal strength.  The big problem is the way BT handles these situations: it often crashes (sometimes a hard crash, sometimes a restart).  This has IMO always been the #1 BT problem, it was getting better up to v1.21 and has been worse again since v1.21.

Edit:  A third scenario I've been seeing in v1.27:  if a BOINC client is stopped and restarted for any reason sometimes its jobs will not reappear.  Looking at the left pane it appears to be connected but there are no tasks in the task list.  Left it in this condition for up to 30 minutes and still no tasks.  Double-clicking on the computer will not cause the tasks to reappear, only exiting and restarting BT brings them back.  Have not seen this happen in v1.21.