v1.27 still won't start my main boinc client

Started by Mellowman, November 14, 2011, 11:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellowman

:o Strange, cause it also happenend before I re-installed Windows 7.

fred

Quote from: Mellowman on November 20, 2011, 10:02:39 AM
:o Strange, cause it also happenend before I re-installed Windows 7.
Try minimizing [-] instead of closing it

Mellowman

It was running and minimized to the system tray. If BT wasn't running then it wouldn't happpen. But besides all the problems BT is always running because I think it's a better manager than Boinc Manager.
But I solved the remote control keys problem ;D.
I've put a shortcut key in the BT Hotkey box (CTRL+ALT+B), and now it won't react on the 3 buttons from my remote.

My AntiVirus-Firewall program (from F-Secure) that I got from my internet provider Telfort is also a problem with BT. I think that one is preventing BT from starting the Boinc client. And I can't make a rule in that program for BT. If BT is starting up just before that program then the boinc client will start too. Otherwise if the AV-program start sooner then it think BT wants to change one or more processes and blocks it, so I'll have to turn the DeepGuard option off or find out where it stores the list of programs so that I can add BT to it.
The latter would be better otherwise my system is less secure. But for now the option goes off until I find that list of programs so I can add BT to it. Hopefully it's a registry key or a file that is readable (or easy to figure out).

Anthony.