BT 1.27 - Toolbars on one line

Started by coolstream, November 17, 2011, 06:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolstream

I have been running BT from the first version I tried with Selection Bar, Toolbar Operation and Toolbar Graphic bars all on one line and have never had a problem even when upgrading from one version to another. However with 1.27 (and perhaps 1.26), when I reopen the window either from minimised or simply opening the program, I am finding that the three bars are being shown on three lines.

Is anyone else noticing this?

Pepo

Me too. After starting BT. After a restore, all is fine.

I have (from left to right) Graphs bar, Views bar and the third was Operation bar. Since the introduction of Allow bar I've been putting it in between Views and Operation, but after each BT start the rightmost two bars are at the left below Graphs+Views bars.
And yes, BT is wide enough to accomodate for all four toolbars.
Peter

fred

Quote from: coolstream on November 17, 2011, 06:48:02 PM
Is anyone else noticing this?
You can pick up bars and place them next to one another.
Probably have to use file->exit once to store the setting, otherwise you may lose the setting if Windows is a bit hasty at closing down.

coolstream

Thanks, fred. I had never thought to do a complete shutdown with | File | Exit |. I had been attempting to do the same in two stages, 1 shut down BT with X and the shut down from task bar.

I have followed your suggestion and will monitor to see if problem occurs again.

Pepo

I do always File -> Exit BT prior to logout or reboot (except when occasionally the system will crash or hang, once in a blue moon or a half year, what comes sooner ;D).

The last two check restarts, the first row were (left-bound) Graphs+Views bars, second row was Allow bar to the left and Operation bar just below View's History+Notices "buttons". Exactly the same placement, although I've always placed all four toolbars in one row.
Peter

fred

Quote from: coolstream on November 18, 2011, 09:15:25 AM
Thanks, fred. I had never thought to do a complete shutdown with | File | Exit |. I had been attempting to do the same in two stages, 1 shut down BT with X and the shut down from task bar.
Exiting in the task bar is the same as file->exit. That's the point when it's saving window positions and tool bars.

coolstream

Quote from: fred on November 18, 2011, 10:58:09 AMExiting in the task bar is the same as file->exit. That's the point when it's saving window positions and tool bars.
That is what I would have expected, but following on from your suggestion, settings appear to being saved which wasn't the case before when I did it in two stages.

I can only surmise that at least in my case, doing it 'the old way' was causing shut down not to be performed cleanly. In future, I will try both methods and report back if the inconsistency I reported returns.

fred

Quote from: coolstream on November 19, 2011, 04:54:12 PM
I can only surmise that at least in my case, doing it 'the old way' was causing shut down not to be performed cleanly. In future, I will try both methods and report back if the inconsistency I reported returns.
Another Windows thing... Shutting down Windows, using the power key, may cause this also.
Using Start to close down everything does save all settings.