News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Testing 1.67

Started by Christoph, September 20, 2009, 01:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christoph

Hello Fred,

there was an interesting thing when I tried this version. First I installed it under VISTA 32. It didn't recognise my GPU. Then I installed Win7 64. Now TThrottle see my GPU.

Maybe you vaguely remember, that I never got the mailing program to work. Still the same probelm. It never gets actually to work. I get this C++ runtime error "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. [snip]" I read somewhere here, that you put all necessary files directly to the program, so that it don't call up the runtime anymore. You did it also for the Mail program?

There is no EMail log. We had that already, the program is crashing, before the log is written. I will send you the messages from TThrottle via EMail.

Christoph

fred

The detection maybe a driver problem....
I did remove the need for the runtime package in TThrottle and the Mail program. So it shouldn't be there in the program installation list. That is if no other program installed it.
But that doesn't mean there is no runtime, it embedded in the exe file.

Christoph

The runtime is there, due to other programs. 2005 and 2008. If the runtime which is used already integrated in the Mail prog, how can I help you to track down this problem? Obviously it is working for most testers at least. Otherwise there should have been more reports, right? Is there a possibility to turn on a debug mode where the program is going to save data about the crash?

fred

Quote from: Christoph on September 20, 2009, 02:53:31 PM
The runtime is there, due to other programs. 2005 and 2008. If the runtime which is used already integrated in the Mail prog, how can I help you to track down this problem? Obviously it is working for most testers at least. Otherwise there should have been more reports, right? Is there a possibility to turn on a debug mode where the program is going to save data about the crash?
You are the only one reporting this problem. But that doesn't mean there is something wrong.
But for now I have to wait for another report.