BT 1.28

Started by Pepo, November 22, 2011, 09:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

Quote from: fred on November 22, 2011, 08:08:00 AM
"-Add: Settings->Extra: Thread/process run time graph."
Just a typo in announcement: should be "Extra->Settings->Expert".

I assume it requires a functional TThrottle connection to the target machine(s)? If yes, which version? What does it present on the machines? The localhost is a flat line at 0% (with occasional tiny spikes).

_BT is around 1% with occasional spikes in 0.5-2.5% area. A minimized BG gets _BT mostly to 0%, a busy GUI forces it to 7%.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 22, 2011, 09:03:33 AM
Quote from: fred on November 22, 2011, 08:08:00 AM
"-Add: Settings->Extra: Thread/process run time graph."
Just a typo in announcement: should be "Extra->Settings->Expert".

I assume it requires a functional TThrottle connection to the target machine(s)? If yes, which version? What does it present on the machines? The localhost is a flat line at 0% (with occasional tiny spikes).

_BT is around 1% with occasional spikes in 0.5-2.5% area. A minimized BG gets _BT mostly to 0%, a busy GUI forces it to 7%.
No need for TThrottle.

_BoincTasks is the process, so everything that's running
The rest are the BOINC worker threads / computer, not the TThrottle threads.
The spikes are 10 second samples and the thinner line is the 10 minute average.
I made it for diagnostics, to check the history impact mostly. And to test if the 6.13 BOINC version behaves itself.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on November 22, 2011, 11:02:06 AM
Quote from: Pepo on November 22, 2011, 09:03:33 AM
What does it present on the machines? The localhost is a flat line at 0% (with occasional tiny spikes).
The rest are the BOINC worker threads / computer...
I understand it as BOINC tasks' threads. OK, quite possible, at the time just 1 CPU, 1 GPU and a few nCi tasks are active here, all throttled by up to 95%, thus the flatline.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 22, 2011, 11:53:48 AM
I understand it as BOINC tasks' threads. OK, quite possible, at the time just 1 CPU, 1 GPU and a few nCi tasks are active here, all throttled by up to 95%, thus the flatline.
It has nothing to do with throttling......

Pepo

Quote from: fred on November 22, 2011, 11:56:50 AM
Quote from: Pepo on November 22, 2011, 11:53:48 AM
It has nothing to do with throttling......
I know, I just wanted to say, that because of the massive throttling, the tasks combined are really consuming less than 2-3% of CPU.
But...

Another machine, 4 cores, each of 3 CPU tasks is consuming approx. 85% of a core - should be ~64% of CPU. The graph again displays its line with spikes to 0.25-0.5% - the values are inconclusive.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 22, 2011, 02:57:09 PM
Another machine, 4 cores, each of 3 CPU tasks is consuming approx. 85% of a core - should be ~64% of CPU. The graph again displays its line with spikes to 0.25-0.5% - the values are inconclusive.
I'm not quite sure what the question is, if there is any.
The graph display BoincTasks use not of any other program and it's not TThrottle related.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on November 22, 2011, 03:12:29 PM
I'm not quite sure what the question is, if there is any.
The graph display BoincTasks use not of any other program and it's not TThrottle related.
OK, than again my older question: the dialog allows to select _BoincTasks and all known machines. The _BT's graph displays BoincTask's CPU usage (err, does it?) What do the single machines' graphs display?

Expression "the BOINC worker threads / computer" might be understood as "number of ???? threads per computer", but that does also not bring me further :(
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 22, 2011, 03:27:34 PM
OK, than again my older question: the dialog allows to select _BoincTasks and all known machines. The _BT's graph displays BoincTask's CPU usage (err, does it?) What do the single machines' graphs display?

Expression "the BOINC worker threads / computer" might be understood as "number of ???? threads per computer", but that does also not bring me further :(
_BoincTasks is the process run time %, so everything combined.
The others are the internal threads (BOINC only) that handle everything for that computer, like history, tasks request.
All samples are 10 seconds long. So when BT consumes 0.1 Second of a core, in that 10 second interval, it shows 1%. That's the spike, the thinner line is the average (10 minutes), more understandable by humans.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on November 22, 2011, 03:39:48 PM
_BoincTasks is the process run time %, so everything combined.
The others are the internal threads (BOINC only) that handle everything for that computer, like history, tasks request.
OK - the whole graph displays CPU usage of various BT parts?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 22, 2011, 03:55:33 PM
OK - the whole graph displays CPU usage of various BT parts?
Right. ;D

Corsair

for the first reading of temperature and % in host computer the graph temperature takes long time.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on November 23, 2011, 03:27:16 PM
for the first reading of temperature and % in host computer the graph temperature takes long time.
It needs to read all data, from the moment that machine started. So it may contain 24 hours of temperature data.

Corsair

I've switched the history for one day, and I showing in the history tab at least 3 to 4 days ??

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on November 23, 2011, 10:00:10 PM
I've switched the history for one day, and I showing in the history tab at least 3 to 4 days ??
It may take a while until the settings take effect.

Corsair

Quote from: fred on November 24, 2011, 06:40:12 AM
Quote from: Corsair on November 23, 2011, 10:00:10 PM
It may take a while until the settings take effect.

now AFAIK showing 5 days of history, it would be enough 36 hours running ??  ;) ;)

Corsair.