BT 1.28

Started by Pepo, November 22, 2011, 09:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

Quote from: Corsair on November 24, 2011, 02:57:55 PM
now AFAIK showing 5 days of history, it would be enough 36 hours running ??  ;) ;)
Your settings.
Remove history after 1 day.
NOT checked Move to long term history.

Make sure you counted the Reported time, NOT the completed time.

5 days are shown in the history tab NOT in the long term history.

Pepo

A double-click does not maximize the Threads graph.
Peter

Pepo

In the cc_config.xml editor, the syntax checker marks "<exclusive_gpu_app>" with red as being an incorrect or unsupported tag.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 25, 2011, 10:24:08 PM
In the cc_config.xml editor, the syntax checker marks "<exclusive_gpu_app>" with red as being an incorrect or unsupported tag.
I will update C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\config_editor.xml

idahofisherman

The status of "Downloading Error" in task view does not match the status shown in the task properties.  It shows just "Downloading". This may or may not cause some problems in rule making as to which one is checked.

There may be others, I just happen to find this one as I was looking around.

Pepo

Quote from: idahofisherman on November 27, 2011, 06:11:04 AM
The status of "Downloading Error" in task view does not match the status shown in the task properties.  It shows just "Downloading". This may or may not cause some problems in rule making as to which one is checked.

Quote from: idahofisherman on November 27, 2011, 06:05:18 AM
it would be nice to have other valid statuses added such as Downloading Error.  Also be able to abort task via rules.  If you get a downloading error  you must first abort the task before it can be reported to the project.

I've just noticed seeing twice a "downloaded error" task, but neither of them appeared in History (and I see there is no such task in my History, although there were such in the past), I could not report this project with All "finished tasks" and yes, also the task's status is incorrect.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 27, 2011, 10:39:13 AM
I've just noticed seeing twice a "downloaded error" task, but neither of them appeared in History (and I see there is no such task in my History, although there were such in the past), I could not report this project with All "finished tasks" and yes, also the task's status is incorrect.
A download isn't a task, just an attempt to get one. So it's not in the history.
No work is lost in a download error, the project will normally resend it.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on November 27, 2011, 11:47:17 AM
A download isn't a task, just an attempt to get one. So it's not in the history.
No work is lost in a download error, the project will normally resend it.
It is a task, albeit incomplete.
Not all projects resend failed downloads, some send other work.
It could be an elegant way to spot frequent download errors (be it server-side, or my HW or provider).
And after noticing a lot of consecutive download errors from a particular project, I could suspend it (or set it to NNT - just no such rule yet).
Peter

Corsair

during this evening I've seen BT using nearly the whole CPU and nothing could be done except re-start, and twice there has been to reboot the computer as immediately went to the top.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on November 27, 2011, 10:26:03 PM
during this evening I've seen BT using nearly the whole CPU and nothing could be done except re-start, and twice there has been to reboot the computer as immediately went to the top.
Not much I can do without more info.
Could you still use BoincTasks?

Corsair

Quote from: fred on November 28, 2011, 08:06:36 AM
Quote from: Corsair on November 27, 2011, 10:26:03 PM
Not much I can do without more info.
Could you still use BoincTasks?

there is no problem to use BT but after some hours it start eating resources and makes my cpu hot enough for being throttle, there is no crash, dump file etc.
but it goes to nearly 100% of CPU, in this computer I'm not using CPU but yes GPU, it's an AMD APU.

tell me where I can see or sending an image or anything else, I'm always using Process Explorer 15.5, if any dump from this computer could be sent??  just tell me

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on November 28, 2011, 02:36:05 PM
there is no problem to use BT but after some hours it start eating resources and makes my cpu hot enough for being throttle, there is no crash, dump file etc.
but it goes to nearly 100% of CPU, in this computer I'm not using CPU but yes GPU, it's an AMD APU.

tell me where I can see or sending an image or anything else, I'm always using Process Explorer 15.5, if any dump from this computer could be sent??  just tell me
BoincTasks Setting -> Expert.
Check "Enable thread runtime graph"

And if it happens again give me the "Thread graph" of _BoincTasks and all connected computers.
See where the problem is.

Next remove the check from "Connect to TThrottle" and check if this changes anything.
Go to the history tab and see if the History update counter (below in the status window) is running normally and how it counts down.

Corsair

Uploaded two crashes (silent crashes) yesterday probably because of the CPU.

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on November 29, 2011, 12:09:38 AM
Uploaded two crashes (silent crashes) yesterday probably because of the CPU.
No clue in the dump files.

Corsair

sent pm with graphs.

QuoteBoincTasks Setting -> Expert.
Check "Enable thread runtime graph"

And if it happens again give me the "Thread graph" of _BoincTasks and all connected computers.
See where the problem is.

Corsair.