Show history for one computer only?

Started by hucker, December 07, 2011, 08:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hucker

I have a ridiculous number of computers running boinc, so I'd like sometimes to see the history of ONE computer to check on problems with a particular project for example - is this possible?

Pepo

Quote from: hucker on December 07, 2011, 08:03:15 PM
I have a ridiculous number of computers running boinc, so I'd like sometimes to see the history of ONE computer to check on problems with a particular project for example - is this possible?
With LTH? If all tasks would immediately go into LTH too and got discarded from STH after a delay?
Peter

hucker

Thanks!  That works perfectly, I just set long term history to 0 days and 0 hours.

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on December 07, 2011, 11:08:07 PM
Quote from: hucker on December 07, 2011, 08:03:15 PM
With LTH? If all tasks would immediately go into LTH too and got discarded from STH after a definable delay (which is now used to delay filling of the LTH)?
Fred, could you please consider this as a change wish?
(Well, "immediately" might also be a "up to a couple of minutes/hours" or "in chunks of a few pieces" - I've no idea whether it is anyhow expensive to insert tasks into LTH (I assume it is not).)
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on December 08, 2011, 01:42:03 PM
(Well, "immediately" might also be a "up to a couple of minutes/hours" or "in chunks of a few pieces" - I've no idea whether it is anyhow expensive to insert tasks into LTH (I assume it is not).)
What is it you want added?

hucker

For me the problem of only seeing one computer in the history is solved by another of your answers - use the computer sidebar.

I can't speak for Pepo though.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on December 08, 2011, 06:21:48 PM
Quote from: Pepo on December 08, 2011, 01:42:03 PM
What is it you want added?
In the past, there was only the STH. Later you've added LTH and the oldest STH items (which fall over the delay threshold) are shifted into LTH.

But STH has virtually no filtering controls (except sorting), compared to LTH (which has already some).

Would it make sense to immediately insert all completed (+ aborted, failed, etc.) tasks into both STH+LTH and rename the two existing delays to "Remove tasks from STH after ... days" + "Remove tasks from LTH after ... days"?

Quote from: hucker on December 08, 2011, 06:56:11 PM
For me the problem of only seeing one computer in the history is solved by another of your answers - use the computer sidebar.
Off course. But there is also the Project selection (which I do use often). And in the future, more will possibly come  ;)
Peter

hucker

Out of interest, how many computers are you running?  I have up to about 15.  I build and test them before selling them, so BOINC is excellent burn in tool :-)

Pepo

Quote from: hucker on December 08, 2011, 07:08:52 PM
Out of interest, how many computers are you running?  I have up to about 15.
ATM just 3. Two of them with just fractional throughput.
I'm not competing with anyone, just debugging and analyzing everything related. Trying to help spreading and pushing BOINC and useful related tools forward.

QuoteI build and test them before selling them, so BOINC is excellent burn in tool :-)
I know that usage model :)
Peter

hucker

I like to help with scientific research, and people like computers that are fully tested - it's a good way to find out if they are running at a decent temperature and won't crash at full load.