BT 1.30

Started by Corsair, December 14, 2011, 10:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

Quote from: Corsair on December 28, 2011, 01:19:32 PM
is it needed something else??
->BoincTasks settings, project tab, press the ? button. That should explain everything.
In short, you should give a CPID in the expert tab.

Corsair

All windows that next text is shown is shown incorrectly:
<GroupDialogGraphic>
   <DoubleClick>      Doble click para maximizar gráfico   </>

is shown as:

Doble click para maximizar grChineseCharChinesecharico

I'll send you pm with splash-shot of the event ??
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

Corsair

Quote from: Corsair on January 11, 2012, 10:12:57 AM
All windows that next text is shown is shown incorrectly:
<GroupDialogGraphic>
   <DoubleClick>      Doble click para maximizar gráfico   </>

is shown as:

Doble click para maximizar grChineseCharChinesecharico

I'll send you pm with splash-shot of the event ??

after restarting computer the text is shown now correctly ?? ?? ?? ??

Corsair.

Corsair

BT graph data freezes program when selected localhost, other computer the traffic is shown correctly.

Corsair.

Purple Rabbit

I still see BT using almost 1 CPU (out of 4 on a Q6600/Win Vista) with BT 1.30. I have to assume that I am uniquely cursed because no one else has complained recently ;D

BT 1.25 works just fine. BT 1.26 through BT 1.30 hogs the CPU. I'm guessing it's me (usually a good bet), but I can't figure out anything to do except go back to BT 1.25 which I've done. I've said all the magic words I know to make it work. Fred, can you give me a magic word or two to say?  :P

fred

Quote from: Purple Rabbit on January 17, 2012, 10:21:54 PM
I still see BT using almost 1 CPU (out of 4 on a Q6600/Win Vista) with BT 1.30. I have to assume that I am uniquely cursed because no one else has complained recently ;D
BoincTasks settings->Expert  Check "Enable thread runtime graph"
Restart BoincTasks.

If it happens again, click on the button Thread Graph. Wait for about 10 minutes and see if the problem goes away.

The graph shows the main program use :  _BoincTasks and all the connection treads.
See if it happens in main or the connection threads.

Purple Rabbit

OK, but this a bit arcane  ;) My brain is frizzled for tonight. I'll try your magic words tomorrow.

Purple Rabbit

I lied about "tomorrow"  ;D Sorry about that.

After a week and several reboots I reinstalled BT 1.30 on the Q6600 and saw what I described before ~ 1 CPU (25%) used in task manager. The connection threads are essentially zero on the BT  thread graph when shown all together with the main task. The main BT task monotonically increased to 42 % (after 10 minutes and was still increasing) while displaying all tasks (270) for all computers (8 of them). When I minimized BT after 10 minutes the main BT task line monotonically decreased but the slope of the line is less than half of the slope of the increase. Task manger reports an immediate decrease to 2-4% upon minimization.

I kept BT minimized for 15 minutes. The main thread graph decayed to 8%. When I maximized the main thread started back up at the same rate as before. Viewing only the local host (1 computer) gave the same result.

I'm not sure what this means, but that's what it did  :D

Edit: I've been installing BT 1.30 over BT 1.25 without uninstalling BT 1.25. Would this make a difference?

fred

Quote from: Purple Rabbit on January 25, 2012, 11:22:12 PM
I kept BT minimized for 15 minutes. The main thread graph decayed to 8%. When I maximized the main thread started back up at the same rate as before. Viewing only the local host (1 computer) gave the same result.

I'm not sure what this means, but that's what it did  :D

Edit: I've been installing BT 1.30 over BT 1.25 without uninstalling BT 1.25. Would this make a difference?
Keep BT closed, if not needed.
It uses up less CPU time that way.
What you see is for one core. So 8% over say 4 cores is 2% or the CPU.
The decay time is about 10 minutes, so it will take a while for the graph to crawl back.

You can install a higher version over a lower version, no problems there.
Only from 1.30 back to 1.25 would be a problem.

Pepo

Various BOINC-related tools (including BOINC Manager and BT's Task properties window) correctly show my (obviously incorrect and buggy) ibercivis sanidad_21-.... task being at 447.946% progress, later 460.945%, etc. but BT's Tasks tab displays it limited to 100.000% (BTW the task checkpoints correctly.)

I remember it has been displaying the true progress % in the past (and I've possibly reported this already). Could it be relaxed again? There is no point in artificially limiting it to "usual" 100.0% - the tasks' troubleshooting thus gets impossible. (The green progress bar should off course stay limited to 100%, except it would be user-configurable - it is an ugly, but perfect indication of a progress bug ;D)
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on February 28, 2012, 12:34:29 PM
Various BOINC-related tools (including BOINC Manager and BT's Task properties window) correctly show my (obviously incorrect and buggy) ibercivis sanidad_21-.... task being at 447.946% progress, later 460.945%, etc. but BT's Tasks tab displays it limited to 100.000% (BTW the task checkpoints correctly.)

I remember it has been displaying the true progress % in the past (and I've possibly reported this already). Could it be relaxed again? There is no point in artificially limiting it to "usual" 100.0% - the tasks' troubleshooting thus gets impossible. (The green progress bar should off course stay limited to 100%, except it would be user-configurable - it is an ugly, but perfect indication of a progress bug ;D)

Add this to the config.xml file: (should be here: C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\examples)

<config>
   <options>
      <no_cleanup>   1   </no_cleanup>
   </options>
</config>

Pepo

Quote from: fred on February 29, 2012, 01:21:03 AM
Quote from: Pepo on February 28, 2012, 12:34:29 PM

I remember it has been displaying the true progress % in the past (and I've possibly reported this already). Could it be relaxed again?

Add this to the config.xml file: (should be here: C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\examples)
<config>  <options>  <no_cleanup>  1  </no_cleanup>  </options>  </config>
...and I should have copied it from ...\BoincTasks\examples\ into ...\BoincTasks\  ;)

Works perfectly now (604.9275% - I can finally abort the example task), thanks.
What other workarounds and cleanups are influenced by this option? (OK, I've found the 'options block' description, in the config file. Will see...)
Peter

glennaxl

Project Status doesn't show "scheduler request in progress"

fred

Quote from: Corsair on December 28, 2011, 01:19:32 PM
What is needed to fill the columns in project tab of??:
- team rank
- project rank
You need to fill in the the CPID. http://boinc.netsoft-online.com/e107_plugins/boinc/bp_home.php
To find your user CPID. At "Search for user: " type in your user name and press "Search"

http://www.efmer.eu/boinc/boinc_tasks/manual_settings.html#expert

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on April 08, 2012, 11:42:14 PM
Project Status doesn't show "scheduler request in progress"
V7 Probably, the V7 code is still in a state of flux.
Is on my to do list.