Add another rule...

Started by szopler, December 20, 2011, 02:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

szopler

Hi!
There are some places in the world ;) where electicity is cheaper at some periods of day...
So I have an idea to add a rule which allow BOINC to count (for example) from 13:00 (01:00PM) to 15:00(03:00PM) and from 22:00 (10:00PM) to 06:00 (06:00AM).
Oryginal BOINC Manager has problem with it because it has only one rule per day so if I set it from 10PM to 6AM then It won't count from 01PM to 03PM.

szopler

And please - turn off "Verification" (security thing) at every reply...

fred

Quote from: szopler on December 20, 2011, 02:19:46 PM
Hi!
There are some places in the world ;) where electicity is cheaper at some periods of day...
So I have an idea to add a rule which allow BOINC to count (for example) from 13:00 (01:00PM) to 15:00(03:00PM) and from 22:00 (10:00PM) to 06:00 (06:00AM).
Oryginal BOINC Manager has problem with it because it has only one rule per day so if I set it from 10PM to 6AM then It won't count from 01PM to 03PM.
You could use the task scheduler in Windows.
Stop BOINC with the boinccmd --quit http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Boinccmd_tool

szopler

Oh yeah!
I can use console or *.bat files but...
I like to use BoincTasks so if you will add this feature in one of the next version(s) of BT I'll be glad... ;)

Best wishes and a Happy New 2012 (not the last) Year ;D

fred

Quote from: szopler on December 27, 2011, 01:46:03 PM
Oh yeah!
I like to use BoincTasks so if you will add this feature in one of the next version(s) of BT I'll be glad... ;)
At the moment you can suspend projects on a wall-clock time.
I will add Snooze as en Rule event. This will disable BOINC until the rule is no longer valid.

thebestjaspreet

Quote from: fred on December 29, 2011, 12:34:24 PM
Quote from: szopler on December 27, 2011, 01:46:03 PM
Oh yeah!
At the moment you can suspend projects on a wall-clock time.
I will add Snooze as en Rule event. This will disable BOINC until the rule is no longer valid.
Shall appreciate if a kind of scheduler be introduced for network connections also as available in many programs like u torrent, perfect disk etc.
"I always win law permanently"