BT 0.0.19

Started by Corsair, September 26, 2009, 03:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

Hi Fred,

TT v 1.68 & BT 0.0.19 installed, I've seen that is pretty stable and improvements are coming very well.

some suggestions:
- is it possible to sort always all WU by the deadline and after like is now by the % of work done??
- is it possible to include in the task window one column with the fraction of CPU/GPU used for every WU running??
 I say this because if some % CPU/GPU is below some level (user definable) that it changes to another color, on that way you could know that there is something wrong with the process (for the color could be "running at low CPU/GPU speed" or something similar, this use to happens when one application hung or is started / restarted).
- could be included in the CUDA processing the CAL processing too and shown in the same way??
- in the combined computer wiew, could be included one lateral windows with the computer, on that way if you want to see one in particular, just click on it and you'll show the work for this computer, or click more than one or all together, something like a tree with: all computer, comp1, comp2,...., compn.
- sorting in the other tabs like projects (by credits or projetc, etc.)
- another tab with more information about computers, Boinc version, CPU, GPU, OS, next benchmarks and cpu/gpu capabilities in the benchmark, IP, etc.
- another tab with recorded finished tabs, with WU name, application & version, time used, and record this to a file (.csv, .txt, etc.) saved in a user definable folder (option in BoincView).

well as you see always asking  ;), nice weekend.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

efmer

Quote from: Corsair on September 26, 2009, 03:30:19 PM
1 is it possible to sort always all WU by the deadline and after like is now by the % of work done??
2 is it possible to include in the task window one column with the fraction of CPU/GPU used for every WU running??
  I say this because if some % CPU/GPU is below some level (user definable) that it changes to another color, on that way you could know that there is something wrong with the process (for the color could be "running at low CPU/GPU speed" or something similar, this use to happens when one application hung or is started / restarted).
3 could be included in the CUDA processing the CAL processing too and shown in the same way??
4 in the combined computer wiew, could be included one lateral windows with the computer, on that way if you want to see one in particular, just click on it and you'll show the work for this computer, or click more than one or all together, something like a tree with: all computer, comp1, comp2,...., compn.
5 sorting in the other tabs like projects (by credits or projetc, etc.)
6 another tab with more information about computers, Boinc version, CPU, GPU, OS, next benchmarks and cpu/gpu capabilities in the benchmark, IP, etc.
7 another tab with recorded finished tabs, with WU name, application & version, time used, and record this to a file (.csv, .txt, etc.) saved in a user definable folder (option in BoincView).

well as you see always asking  ;), nice weekend.

1) It is possible to sort WU by 2 rows like deadline and % at the same time.
2) Have to check. I haven't seen anything like this for a long long time.
3) Cal should show up as Cuda and I could rename that to GPU.
4) Ok is in the wish list a dockable window with the computers.
5) Sorting in all the other locations like Projects an Transfers is in the wish list
6) All this info is in the message window.
7) In the wish list.
And a lot more

Corsair

Quote from: efmer on September 26, 2009, 04:33:27 PM

5) Sorting in all the other locations like Projects an Transfers is in the wish list
7) In the wish list.
And a lot more

I have seen that in x32 version that connection with one PC was lost, and not updated, showing
that computer as not connected, and there is no option, or I don't know how to update all connections,
so I restarted the BT and the connection with the computer was restored.

when program is closed, is not saved the windows position, size, could be possible to save it ??

CAL at this moment is shown as CPU work.

about 6) yes there is but would be more useful to have this in one tab, on that way you could check lot of thing,
like you're running an-updated BOINC client, or BT could be included too.

could be one option to check and download the BOINC manager and BT version for download inside the BT,
with user define URL for appti applications, etc. and mark with color the outdated cliente, BT version, and if the
user could do with the opti appl. too.

still when a computer run out of work the last WU remains in display.

In Projects tab, 2 more columns for computer credits and computer average credits. if possible one color when a project has run out of work.

I have seen that still there is in the Task - Status column - one text something like state ... I guess that is "New"
because this happens when you get one WU from the server but prior downloading.

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on September 27, 2009, 03:04:04 PM
Quote from: efmer on September 26, 2009, 04:33:27 PM

7) In the wish list.
And a lot more

I have seen that in x32 version that connection with one PC was lost, and not updated, showing
that computer as not connected, and there is no option, or I don't know how to update all connections,
so I restarted the BT and the connection with the computer was restored.

when program is closed, is not saved the windows position, size, could be possible to save it ??

CAL at this moment is shown as CPU work.

about 6) yes there is but would be more useful to have this in one tab, on that way you could check lot of thing,
like you're running an-updated BOINC client, or BT could be included too.

could be one option to check and download the BOINC manager and BT version for download inside the BT,
with user define URL for appti applications, etc. and mark with color the outdated cliente, BT version, and if the
user could do with the opti appl. too.

still when a computer run out of work the last WU remains in display.

In Projects tab, 2 more columns for computer credits and computer average credits. if possible one color when a project has run out of work.

I have seen that still there is in the Task - Status column - one text something like state ... I guess that is "New"
because this happens when you get one WU from the server but prior downloading.
After a connection is lost a reconnect is done, but may take some time.
Safe window pos is in the wish list.
For Cal I make some debug logging in the log.
I haven't ran out of work yet...
Computer credits added to the wish list.
The transfer tab is difficult, because it is there for a relative short period of time.

Corsair

Hi Fred,

BT is showing the date and time as: dd/mm/YYYY h:mm
could it be possible to show as: dd/mm/YYYY hh:mm.  ;)

I forgot it in the deadline column.

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on September 28, 2009, 09:39:02 PM
Hi Fred,

This is a Windows thing. Go to config -> country settings. In the time tab set the time to UU:mm:ss

Corsair

Quote from: fred on September 29, 2009, 03:04:50 PM
Hi Fred,

This is a Windows thing. Go to config -> country settings. In the time tab set the time to UU:mm:ss

Done, but still deadline shown as dd/mm/yyyy h:mm ¿¿??  ???

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on September 29, 2009, 09:08:42 PM
Quote from: fred on September 29, 2009, 03:04:50 PM
Hi Fred,

Hmm probably they forgot this one, I made a note it is on the list.

fred

Oeps you need to reboot.

Corsair

Quote from: fred on September 30, 2009, 05:10:12 PM

Oeps you need to reboot.
in 0.19.0 done and not working.

in version 0.20.0 set in preferences and shown perfect. :)

Corsair.

Pepo

Quote from: Corsair on October 05, 2009, 01:23:23 PM
Done, but still deadline shown as dd/mm/yyyy h:mm ¿¿??  ???

I've just started with 0.20.0, but the additional question/wish remains the same: could please please all date/time values (like the numerical ones are) be right-aligned?

(BTW, I'd prefer a right-aligned dd.mm.YYYY hh:mm while keeping d.m.YYYY h:mm in my regional settings  :) (as I hate the mi-nu-sed or sl/as/hed notations), but everyone likes it somehow else  ;D so I can live with that - except that the Settings dialog would allow entering the string for anyone, just like it is in this forum.)
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on October 06, 2009, 09:42:47 AM
Quote from: Corsair on October 05, 2009, 01:23:23 PM
Done, but still deadline shown as dd/mm/yyyy h:mm ¿¿??  ???

I've just started with 0.20.0, but the additional question/wish remains the same: could please please all date/time values (like the numerical ones are) be right-aligned?

(BTW, I'd prefer a right-aligned dd.mm.YYYY hh:mm while keeping d.m.YYYY h:mm in my regional settings  :) (as I hate the mi-nu-sed or sl/as/hed notations), but everyone likes it somehow else  ;D so I can live with that - except that the Settings dialog would allow entering the string for anyone, just like it is in this forum.)
I already changed the alignment for version 21.
You can get a dd-mm-yyy hh:mm notation regardless of your regional setting by selecting 24h in settings.
But I made an entry in the wish list for a user definable string