Wallclock Rule: No New Tasks

Started by Art_Brown, January 12, 2012, 03:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art_Brown

Greetings. I use a wallclock rule in BoincTasks 1.30 to set my World Community Grid project to 'No more work' (No new tasks) for a 1-hour period (16:00:00 to 17:00:00) to allow another project to start a new task, and the rule works fine. However the project status remains at 'No new tasks' after the rule expires. I added a rule at 17:30:00 to 'Resume Project', but at 17:35:00 the project status was still 'No new tasks'. Both of the rules are triggered within 3 minutes of their designated times, according to the Rules Log display.

Can you let me know how to create a rule that will set the project status to 'Allow more work' (Allow new tasks) either automatically when the 'No more work' rule expires, or with an additional rule? If there was an 'Allow more work' (Allow new tasks) option in the Rule editor Event list, I could easily solve this problem.

Thanks, Art Brown

fred

Quote from: Art_Brown on January 12, 2012, 03:02:28 PM
Greetings. I use a wallclock rule in BoincTasks 1.30 to set my World Community Grid project to 'No more work' (No new tasks) for a 1-hour period (16:00:00 to 17:00:00) to allow another project to start a new task, and the rule works fine. However the project status remains at 'No new tasks' after the rule expires. I added a rule at 17:30:00 to 'Resume Project', but at 17:35:00 the project status was still 'No new tasks'. Both of the rules are triggered within 3 minutes of their designated times, according to the Rules Log display.
I will add the event "Allow new work" but that may take a couple of months.
You may try Suspend project and Resume project.