News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Multi GPU Temp Control

Started by xionkzn, February 14, 2012, 05:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xionkzn

I'm not sure if TThrottle has this function, but if it does I REALLY can't find it.

I have more than one GPU in my system and would like a way of setting a  Throttle temp for each one of them.

Eg. My GTX570 runs no higher than 60'C with or without TThrottle running, my Quadro 2000 runs nearly 80'C(sometimes more if it's a hot day). If I set TThrottle for 70'C BOTH of my GPU's gets throttled.

I Would like some option to set GPU1: 65'C and GPU2: 70'C and GPU3: 68 for example.

Thanks

fred

Quote from: xionkzn on February 14, 2012, 05:46:07 PM
I'm not sure if TThrottle has this function, but if it does I REALLY can't find it.
I will add it to my list.

Agni451

Here's another vote for the independent GPU temp control. 

I have two GTX 570s, and the way they are arranged in my computer causes GPU0 to run 20C hotter than GPU1.  I'd like them both to run at ~78C, but without independent control, GPU0 temp is steady at 78C with TThrottle (awesome!), but GPU1 is only at 58C.  It can run at 100% usage and not get above 75C, and it would be great to give BOINC all of that 100%, and then limit GPU0 to a much lower % to keep its temp down.

fred

Quote from: Agni451 on February 22, 2012, 02:39:07 AM
Here's another vote for the independent GPU temp control. 
This is something you can do right now: http://www.efmer.eu/forum_tt/index.php?topic=720.0

xionkzn

Hi, I actually came across this thread a few weeks ago.

I tried it, but failed.

I know what you mean with everything but... I dont follow. I'm no programer :-(

fred

Quote from: xionkzn on February 22, 2012, 06:39:21 PM
I know what you mean with everything but... I dont follow. I'm no programer :-(
I know, hope BOINC V 7 includes some more info about the GPU, should make it a lot simpler.

With 2 GPU's it shouldn't be that hard.
Where did you get lost....

Maybe Agni451 can point you in the right direction.

fred