Lag in playing video file and running VMWare Workstation with TThrottle

Started by floydhung, May 22, 2012, 01:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

floydhung

I have TThrottle 5.5 and Bonic 7.0.25 (both x64) in Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate. The problem is that the operation in VMWare is very slow and lagging, playing video has the same issue. If I close TThrottle, the operation becomes smoothly. Am I the only one person has this problem? Please help!! Thanks.

fred

Quote from: floydhung on May 22, 2012, 01:19:33 AM
The problem is that the operation in VMWare is very slow and lagging, playing video has the same issue.
What TThrottle version are you running? For testing, install the latest beta: http://www.efmer.eu/boinc/download_beta.html
Are you using TThrottle with BOINC?
What are you running in VMWare?
Did you set a rule in the rule tab?

Corsair

I have TThrottle 5.5 and Bonic 7.0.25 (both x64) in Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate. The problem is that the operation in VMWare is very slow and lagging, playing video has the same issue. If I close TThrottle, the operation becomes smoothly. Am I the only one person has this problem? Please help!! Thanks.
sometimes I get something similar to this issue but when crunching GPU and playing video if I Snooze the GPU the problem is solved and video is working fine.

I've had something similar with lagging keyboard and mouse movement while crunching together with GPU and CPU and TThrottle active and not near the limits imposed for TThrottle, but this has happen for the moment in only one of my computers.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

floydhung

Quote from: fred on May 22, 2012, 05:51:56 AM
The problem is that the operation in VMWare is very slow and lagging, playing video has the same issue.
What TThrottle version are you running? For testing, install the latest beta: http://www.efmer.eu/boinc/download_beta.html
Are you using TThrottle with BOINC?
What are you running in VMWare?
Did you set a rule in the rule tab?
Yes, I am using TThrottle with boinc. For VMWare, it is so lagging even just start it (I mean its boot screen). I did not set any rule in rule tab.
I will try the beta version without luck either. Any more suggestion?

fred

Quote from: floydhung on May 25, 2012, 01:42:55 AM
Yes, I am using TThrottle with boinc. For VMWare, it is so lagging even just start it (I mean its boot screen). I did not set any rule in rule tab.
I will try the beta version without luck either. Any more suggestion?
What you can do is give VMWare more processor cores to work with.
Best set BOINC not to run when your video player is running. Set exclusive programs in BoincTasks or the Boinc Manager, you need V 7 for this.
The same for the VMWare program.