fred

Quote from: ChrisSibbald on July 09, 2012, 05:57:19 PM
PS.  I will definitely make another donation if you get this working  :D
Aha a bribe. :o

ChrisSibbald

Pepo

Peter

fred

I'm working on the 32 cores. Got the driver updated, now the rest of the program

ChrisSibbald

You are a gentleman and a scholar.  :D Thanks Fred.

fred

fred

Quote from: fred on July 14, 2012, 01:39:38 PM
Running in test....
It's working on my I7 X64, but it crashed on a 32 bit Win7 with a blue screen. :o
Every small error in a driver causes instant death.
Now backtracking step for step what is going on. Driver testing at this point is difficult to say the least.
And of course the 64 and 32 bit drivers are not compatible.
Testing, testing.

fred

Here it is.
Before you install this new version, please run the "old" version as administrator and remove the check at "Run TThrottle at login".
Next test this one: http://www.efmer.com//download/boinc/tthrottle/unified/setup_32_64_tthrottle_5_8_0.exe

AMD is untested.

All testers:

Set the "Debug" check in the log tab.
Restart TThrottle and send me the log.

ChrisSibbald

Hi Fred

I am still experiencing the issue whereby the "First time processor check" ends then restarts.  I sent you an email with the log file from the UI and the log file from the AppData folder.

Getting closer I think.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Cheers,
Chris

fred

Try this:

Exit TThrottle;

Regedit.exe
Go to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eFMer\TThrottle\calibration

Change the value cores into 20 hex or 32 dec.

Start TThrottle.

fred

A new build 5.8.0, see line in previous post.
Before you install it, go to: C:\Program Files\eFMer\TThrottle and delete TThrottle64.exe or TThrottle.exe.

Run the installer.

Check on the TThrottle64.exe properties->Details the date should be 18-7-2012 13:23 Just to make sure you don't get a version from the browser cache.

ChrisSibbald

Hi Fred, using the build from July 16 (5.8) and updating the registry settings all appears to work fine!  Thank you.  I am very impressed with how quickly you turned this enhancement request around.  A donation is forthcoming  :D

fred

Quote from: ChrisSibbald on July 18, 2012, 12:11:24 PM
Hi Fred, using the build from July 16 (5.8) and updating the registry settings all appears to work fine!  Thank you.  I am very impressed with how quickly you turned this enhancement request around.  A donation is forthcoming  :D
Yes. 8)
Just to make sure press the Recalibrate button in the expert tab. To see if that works OK.
After that I like to see the log again with the "debug" check enabled.
Because your log was missing a number of cores last time.  :o Let's see if they are there.

ChrisSibbald

hmmm...bummer.  When I recalibrate it got in that loop of "First time processor check" again.  I will email you the UI log and the log file.