Data arrangement on combined and individual panels

Started by idahofisherman, October 05, 2009, 09:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idahofisherman

Fred

COmbined Panel:
 I would like to see the multiple computers merged together so that all the same status are together across all computers.

The ability to sort the tasks via the status as to what is shown first instead of alphabetically.  Example: I would like to see all tasks that are running at the top, followed by the task waiting to start, followed by all tasks ready to report, etc. This would have to be individually controled in preferences.  Some thing like the color scheme is.

Individual Panel:
   The ability to sort the task via the status as to what is shown first instead of alphabetically.  Example: I would like to see all tasks that are running at the top, followed by the task waiting to start, followed by all tasks ready to report, etc. This would have to be individually controled in preferences.

Overall:
Wish that we could issue commands to the BoincMgrs such as add a project, update project, suspend project, etc.  All the commands that the BoincMgr can issue.  This way the user does not have to go to each individual machine to effect those tasks on said machine.

fred

Quote from: idahofisherman on October 05, 2009, 09:25:26 PM
Fred

1 COmbined Panel:
 I would like to see the multiple computers merged together so that all the same status are together across all computers.

The ability to sort the tasks via the status as to what is shown first instead of alphabetically.  Example: I would like to see all tasks that are running at the top, followed by the task waiting to start, followed by all tasks ready to report, etc. This would have to be individually controled in preferences.  Some thing like the color scheme is.

2 Individual Panel:
   The ability to sort the task via the status as to what is shown first instead of alphabetically.  Example: I would like to see all tasks that are running at the top, followed by the task waiting to start, followed by all tasks ready to report, etc. This would have to be individually controled in preferences.

3 Overall:
Wish that we could issue commands to the BoincMgrs such as add a project, update project, suspend project, etc.  All the commands that the BoincMgr can issue.  This way the user does not have to go to each individual machine to effect those tasks on said machine.

1 You can do that by setting the first sorting to |2 in the computer, thus disabling computer sorting and than set the sorting v on the status.

2 Sorting can be done on the status, there is actually a 2 way sorting one with the ^v (last sorting) and ^2 v2 (first sorting) and |2 (no sorting). the ^2 sorting can be set by holding the Ctrl button.

3 All the extras are on my wish list, but I waited with the more dangerous commands for the program to be proven stable.
But update and suspend are there only add/reset/remove projects are missing.
Use the right mouse button after selecting the projects. And there is  Extra->update all projects.