News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Testing V 6.30

Started by fred, October 21, 2012, 02:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

- Add: Treat as in use when specific programs are running. Makes it possible to throttle differently when a program is running.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on October 21, 2012, 02:23:51 PM
- Add: Threat as in use when specific programs are running. Makes it possible to throttle differently when a program is running.

• Have you meant something like "Threat as 'in use' when..."? Someone might get scared ;)
  • Temperature tab: the bottom-most core is numbered "16" (instead of (I assume the intended) "15"). In the graphs there is the correct "15".
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on October 28, 2012, 08:40:31 PM
Quote from: fred on October 21, 2012, 02:23:51 PM
- Add: Threat as in use when specific programs are running. Makes it possible to throttle differently when a program is running.

• Have you meant something like "Threat as 'in use' when..."? Someone might get scared ;)
  • Temperature tab: the bottom-most core is numbered "16" (instead of (I assume the intended) "15"). In the graphs there is the correct "15".
Thanks Pepo, I will correct it.

cristipurdel

Hi Fred,

Regarding the option "Or the folowing applications are NOT running" I would have liked that the operator OR would be AND.

The problem is that if there is a process running which I do not want to run, e.g. flash.exe or mpc.exe, the tthrottle will also look at the time that the computer is not been used, and will use the new temps which are higher, and they slow the machine while I am watching movies.

Can you please switch the OR operator to AND?

fred

Quote from: cristipurdel on November 24, 2012, 02:53:10 PM
Hi Fred,

Regarding the option "Or the folowing applications are NOT running" I would have liked that the operator OR would be AND.

The problem is that if there is a process running which I do not want to run, e.g. flash.exe or mpc.exe, the tthrottle will also look at the time that the computer is not been used, and will use the new temps which are higher, and they slow the machine while I am watching movies.

Can you please switch the OR operator to AND?
Best add these programs to the Exclude list in BOINC.

cristipurdel

The problem I am facing with HCC GPU app, is that if I add them to exclude list, boinc will suspend them.
When it resumes then, all the progress is lost due to HCC lack of checkpointing for HCC GPU app.
But from what I see, instead of using the "exclude" option in boinc, if I use your tthrottle option with low GPU temps, it will not reset the progress, since it is "keeping alive, but throttles" the GPU WU.