Refreshing Windows

Started by Corsair, October 06, 2009, 10:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

Hi Fred,

How could be done??

when you're running GPU work in the computer that is installed BT everytime that the program screen has to be refreshed, there are some 1/2 second or less that you see empty and scrolling to be complete, that is less visible when BT is installed in a computer that is not running GPU tasks.

could it be done in a way of not to see this scrolling??
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on October 06, 2009, 10:04:04 AM
Hi Fred,

How could be done??

when you're running GPU work in the computer that is installed BT everytime that the program screen has to be refreshed, there are some 1/2 second or less that you see empty and scrolling to be complete, that is less visible when BT is installed in a computer that is not running GPU tasks.

I never seen that one. XP 64?
What screen? the tasks screen.
What do you see exactly, what do you mean by scrolling does the scrol bar gets longer or shorter.

Corsair

Quote from: fred on October 06, 2009, 10:25:10 AM
Hi Fred,

How could be done??

What do you see exactly, what do you mean by scrolling does the scrol bar gets longer or shorter.
yes in xp64 because that are the only computers that I have with GPU processing.

instead of seeing the refresh of the windows nearly not seen by the human eye, in this computer with xp x64 and GPU work it last less than 1 second but it's like a curtain starting from the top and finishing in the bottom. that only happens when GPU is processing. as far as I see that happens in all screens.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on October 06, 2009, 10:37:22 AM
Quote from: fred on October 06, 2009, 10:25:10 AM
Hi Fred,

How could be done??

yes in xp64 because that are the only computers that I have with GPU processing.

instead of seeing the refresh of the windows nearly not seen by the human eye, in this computer with xp x64 and GPU work it last less than 1 second but it's like a curtain starting from the top and finishing in the bottom. that only happens when GPU is processing. as far as I see that happens in all screens.

Maybe the GPU processing is slowing down the computer, refreshing the screen will have a low priority, so may be last on the list for Windows to do.
And remember the GPU is the one doing the screen redrawing as well as the calculations.
As ATI GPU is beta sort of, it may cause some problems, but nevertheless I will do some testing on a slower computer.
But alas, all my x64 machines are pretty fast, so it will be an xp 32 machine ;D.