BT 1.44

Started by Tom_unoduetre, December 13, 2012, 05:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

Quote from: BeemerBiker on January 21, 2013, 12:24:59 AM
I do not see a way to exclude the GPU for a specific project in the boinc preferences  For example, at POEM I was told that their project is unable to run on a system with 2 or more video boards of the same manufacturer.  The following post (message 7731) spelled out what I had to add to  the cc_config file in order to use their app on a system with two nvidia boards.
It may be something they added recently or I missed something. It is not in the code as far as I can remember
What BOINC version are you using?

JStateson

Fred:  I am currently using 7.0.28 for all except linux and not doing much linux anymore.

The ability to exclude certain gpu's for various projects (or even certain apps run by a project) was implement in 6.13 as indicated in the Client Reference wiki

I never messed with this before because there are a lot of projects but the project POEM seems usefull and I wanted to run GPU apps but unaccountably if more than 1 video board (of same manufacturer) then they have a problem.

I think einstein as a somewhat similar problem and app_config.xml was useful for them (although WCG requested app_config).

IANE, but it seem that app_config and app_info are used only by projects but cc_config is used by boinc so boinc says there are only "1", "2", etc GPUs available and the project does not know any better so only one app gets run at a time.

On your BT program, it would seem to me that if I check that box  [ x ] for ignore syntax error, that the entire contents should be transmitted over to the target computer "as is".  I dont understand how the text excluding that POEM projects was missing when I checked at the target.

Anyway, thanks for your effort and for looking that this problem. 

I though I could use your program to make extensive changes to that cc_config file and not have to put a monitor and keyboard on the system.

fred

Quote from: BeemerBiker on January 21, 2013, 12:24:59 AM
I do not see a way to exclude the GPU for a specific project in the boinc preferences  For example, at POEM I was told that their project is unable to run on a system with 2 or more video boards of the same manufacturer.  The following post (message 7731) spelled out what I had to add to  the cc_config file in order to use their app on a system with two nvidia boards.
It's on my to do list, but it may take a couple of months before it's implemented.

fred

Implemented in 1.46